• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Allow Me To Introduce Myself....

Carbs do suck, they are perfect if the sled ran year round but fact is they sit more then they are used and they gum up and EVERY yamaha I have owned (all newer then 2002) every spring the carb pilot jets plug. It is annoying but an hour later and they are cleaned and she'll idle like a kitten. The apex is a animal while the vector is more tame. Mind you they both accelerate to 80-100mph even the apex will keep going the vector tops out at 105 or so. I lvoe my dads, its sooo quiet compared to my RX.

Go to Nelsons Speed Shop in Greenville, MI. They will do yo right and when it comes to service they take VERY good care of their customers. I have spent more money there than I care to add up over the years, but I keep going back. I bet I drive by 4 other Yammi dealers in my 1hr+ drive. Customer service and great prices.

Go for the GT. You will love it. Best sled I have ever owner or ridden.
You will need to spend some extra bucks and a lot of time here to get it set up for your weight and riding style. All worth it in the end.

Welcome, I do not know anything about the Vector but I know I love my Apex. Only two complaints are the lack of wind protection and the hand warmers. Those are the only two issues you may have with the sled. Otherwise it is awsome. Good luck

atv said:
I'm 61 and I ride an Apex RTX. The ride is soft enough on most trails, and if I feel the need, the RTX has the stuff.

People buy sleds from all over. My brother traveled 600 miles to get one last month. I would recommend Pat's in Greenland, MI, and JC Powersports in Crivitz, MI.

We have purchased 2 sleds from Pat's and 1 from JC Powersports, this year, and found them both to be great. The deals were great, and the service was excellant.

Pat's has every Yamaha made and will let you ride 'em. We took one out for an afternoon long demo ride last month. They are right on the trail.

Pat, Kip, Trish and Claudia are great people. I would buy from them anyday!!

kinger said:
Carbs do suck, they are perfect if the sled ran year round but fact is they sit more then they are used and they gum up and EVERY yamaha I have owned (all newer then 2002) every spring the carb pilot jets plug. It is annoying but an hour later and they are cleaned and she'll idle like a kitten. The apex is a animal while the vector is more tame. Mind you they both accelerate to 80-100mph even the apex will keep going the vector tops out at 105 or so. I lvoe my dads, its sooo quiet compared to my RX.

Two remedies that work.......either use Schaeffer's Neutro fuel stabilizer in your fuel for storage OR dump all fuel and put in a few gallons of aviation fuel for the summer. It doesn't break down like pump fuel does.

Sweeeeeet!

This is sweet...all square buisness advise and no BS...you guys are helping more than you know...the deal with the oil and plugs being hard to change is great to know about as I do my own work and I hate it when the simple stuff is hard to do. It WILL be a factor for which sled I buy especially if the vector is way easier to work on. If the performance is about the same short of the top end speed, I will prob lean toward the vector. Thanks for the follow ups on the carbs vs EFI !!! If the carbs are just a matter of a little more preventative for storage then it s no big deal.
Looks like I need to get up to Pats and go for a ride...going to call up there today...will try to visit this weekend for a demo ride...thanks you guys! I will let you all know how it goes!

:Rockon:

Welcome to the site.

I would check out Nelsons Speedshop they have great deals and great customer service. There dealership is how a buying experience should be.

I've bought sleds from Nelson's in Greenville, Hacker's in Houghton Lake, and T&R in East Jordan. I have had no problems with any of these guys. All delivered as promised.

journeyman said:
kinger said:

Two remedies that work.......either use Schaeffer's Neutro fuel stabilizer in your fuel for storage OR dump all fuel and put in a few gallons of aviation fuel for the summer. It doesn't break down like pump fuel does.

Thanks I just ordered some schaeffer's and will try it because obvisouly stabil does not help the carb problem, runs on the old gas great though the next year.

snoway said:
I hear that it is a PITA to do an oil change and spark plugs on the 4 holer.
If you decide on a vector, go with th 08 in the DBII chassis.
$2000 less on the sticker, and 4 to 6 mpg better on the trail.
Problem is, the growl of the 4 holer is almost worth it!!!!

You are right about the oil and filter change. The Apex is a Mister Goodwrench Special when it comes to working on the engine. However, I know Mr. GW, and his name is Steve. At my age and schedule, I do not want, nor do I have the time to work on toys.

Carborated 4 strokes are not nearly as troublesome as 2 strokes. I had an RX1 and loved it. It would run fine at low and high altitudes without jet change.

As nice as the carbed 4 strokes are, the fuel injected ones are even nicer.

I do agee with the other guys, tho, either one will be a great machine.

I'm 54 and ride an Attak (2008 it's now called Apex LTX). I mostly trail ride and the 136" track (the Apex has a 121") is awesome on the trail, all those sharp little bumps don't exist and no "fish-tailing" like some Apex owners have talked about. For the occational off-trail ride, the 136" track makes a difference IMHO. Same 150HP engine in the Attak/Apex and I could NOT go back to 120 hp...

I agree with THKSNOW, I have an Apex LTX, the wife a Vector shorty. The long track is a more solid feel on the trails, less fishtailing at moderate to higher speeds. The 121 Vector simply feels "busy" the whole time. Performance between the two is closer than you would expect, but the 150 FI 4 banger is definitely stronger, FI is crisper, more top end. But the 120 3 banger is 20% better gas mileage. On your way thru the UP, don't pass up Meyer Enterprise Yamaha in Ishpeming. Greg & Randy will go way out of their way to make sure your satisfied and happy. Excellent pricing, service while you wait and done right. He gets all of my business and it's well worth the drive.

Back