• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

check your plastic Skis

darv

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 Apex 40th LTX
I have a set of C & A Razors white i put on Apex and 7K miles on them an there are showing signs of a lot of spider cracking call company and they said that this is a problem i have to find my bill an waiting to see what they do but what concerns me was they knew there is problem an what if i had got hurt going across lake an i would got hurt really bad there was no concern from them and i got the impression that it happen lots so please check your Skis i will post pictures later im going to file a claim with the CPSC about this.

From what I’ve seen, all plastic skis do this. The cracks happen much quicker on sleds that are left outside with their skis exposed to the sun. The UV light causes them the fade and crack. They eventually become brittle and will break. I often see old, sun faded sleds with skis that have numerous chunks snapped off them. I wouldn’t trust a set of skis that had a lot of spider cracks.

Well someone is going to get hurt mark my word on this I’m with you I would not not trust my life on the either

found out today that they are going to warranty the skis what a great company.

I love a happy ending. :)

I've had nothing but great service from C&A in the past. ;)!

Well I been a dealer for them for years an I was worried the way it was going but all they need was the receipt from the suppler I purchased them from and a date an thinks work out I have found out only a hand fill of company s will stand by there products an the are one of them

Great ending, they call it ozone hardening, it happens to plastics after awhile, where my sled is kept in a building out of the sunlight, I always spray the skies and any plastics with a good coat of armor all every spring when I put the sled away, seems to help.

Back