• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

And the list continues boken pivot joint***Help Please****

Re: And the list continues boken pivot joint***Help Please**

Skinz Super-Q
white float plate
Fox Float guards
Ulmer Stage II
Muffinworks Float Resi's
Muffinworks 4" riser
CR10EK's
5600 miles and the sled is dead

5600 miles is quite a bit on a suspension. #*$&@ happens get over it. Take out the skid and go to a welder and get it fixed. Hell probably re enforce it at the same time.

Here are better pics and a few of when the pivot arm broke apart it took basically every clip off my track and took nice chuncks out of it. I would "get over it" if it was my fault and I did not pay for the Y.E.S. "bumper to bumper" warranty. I see more people riding late 90's early 2000's sleds with less problems than this lemon has. They said "rider misuse" was the reason for the break.

Attachments

• track 3.jpg
    track 3.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 44
I broke the same part in the same spot on both sides. I didnt have warranty so i bought a new one. Also had to get new shock as it broke the eyelet off mine. So i put sled all back together, checked everything else out and away i went. Well three rides later the BRAND NEW arm breaks again. first one last me 7400 miles. 2nd one maybe 400...called dealer i got part from and they said its a wear item there is no warranty. How can you give me a brand new part and have no warranty on it at all? This is pretty bad! Love the sled but if they cant help me out when my rough trail sled fails, then i mine as well go to a diff brand....

I can’t see where any bending occurred so this may have been a facture due to a material flaw or as a result of a material change during the welding process.

At this point I would ask your contact at Yamaha to describe a specific root cause of the part failure and then indentify two or three scenarios where "rider misuse" could have contributed to the failure. What is the evidence to support the specific claim of rider misuse? Should others be notified that the parts can fail under the conditions they have identified?

Ask if there are warnings or notices within the owner’s manual that would have alerted you to this as a potential safety issue. Also ask if there is specific inspection procedures designed to identify that a failure may be imminent. Is it possible the part was not designed to support the intended loads? Ask how others have dealt with similar failures (if they claim nobody else experienced this failure, how can they know it’s from misuse in your case?). Keep moving the discussion to the point where they are defending the design.

Would you be satisfied with a replacement part? If so, make that your objective.

I just hope it can get bandaged up to finish out the season. Nothing will make me happier than to see this sled go away. I either got a Friday sled or just a plain lemon. I can only image all the other parts that are broke that I cant see. The bad thing about everything is that I love that motor and I will miss it

Maybe between mine and yours we could get one thats ridable. I get to use it this weekend. I broke the same part back in 08, placed black pipe inside of the arm and welded it together worked great. I wish I could fix the hole in the block that easy, Dealer told me today they turned me down again, THANKS Y.E.S -anyone have a complete engine for sale-? cheap

Back