• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Another Stud Thread - advice pls 129" Track

JayM

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder R-TX SE
Hey all, 129" R-TX SE with stock Ripsaw II 1.25, will run Maxspool 17 once I get more than 0km on the sled lol so will start off at Eco/Powertrail.

I was planning on using the Woody's 2.86 Pitch Quiet Pad Two Ply Template (part# 286QUIET-TEMP) and using 135 x Woody's Megabytes in 1.575 length and Yamaha Tunner Protector.

I just laid the template on with suggested holes punched out and the middle closest holes are only 1.75" apart, then 2.25" then 3" apart. Lots of posts about staying out of the middle 3.5" and this would put me all right in the middle (as it stays away from the Quiet Pads)

Will this be an issue? I'm thinking of just rolling with it..... . Trying to find a Studboy template or a different one is almost impossible and shipping is brutal right now with our publicly funded postal workers on a rolling strike.........

Any advice would be great, was hoping to start on this thing tonight.

y4mCkdOR0A-ci-ReZjOlYRqL_YiysZiL4pDIEYM6h7yAsRu8Zu6rZZUlGi7yP9Vb-Mu-xSHWGKI6wFB0qJhMyMf_t21w0QVRrlrr-GqQQxXrj912mu-Yuqp_xKFmj9FYy9MHnhCOpLtvHwg0LhFfmgqtAYAS7z8EoycfTnDdK-4tCyYTWkrYiyz2HJfWs7Tszj1slhy4SoUYPdSkpXQ0GBbwQ

y4mpBbnr8OEimXnX_o3fJhPQeMC02CM8qM0GVMvRpS8Zcho9b8ba25Duh2aurQvGBL93UGsLI1K0dOartdSCkAHaPByD0Erth1yQhnY2E-c3qRYsRm0bH3BJIIuMm_p-gVGru88MYaA9SJSJyhj0sZ1B0K20bWbeuFa1EO6AofZAF39CDD0JFrtsuDqTxyI5QEUvHwoUU_gbgw5x4xt-vm7KA

I’d put more in than 135.

Get the full length tunnel protectors if you’re worried. I know 1450” you’ll have no issues with hitting. I don’t know about 1575”?

I’d put more in than 135.

Get the full length tunnel protectors if you’re worried. I know 1450” you’ll have no issues with hitting. I don’t know about 1575”?

I see recomendations of 144 in a 137" track so figured 135 would be good. I know Studboy for Aggressive riding recommends 180 but they also suggest 1.375" studs.......

If I want to put more studs in where do I get a template locally?

I think you will be fine. I am running a double backer down the middle so technically it straddles the wire in the centre. Mine studs are 1.325 though. Like the earlier comment, tunnel protectors will solve the problem and keep the track from heaving into the tunnel.
MS

I decided to go ahead with it, will be keeping the track tight as well and have big wheel kit to put on so should be fine I think. Thanks All!

I have 36 done, 99 more to go tomorrow. I did the tunnel protector first then started this..........that epoxy is quite potent!!!

y4mysJnkRVMk9UO7TWRxHXL7qlnavjiJ3tJi2tIBXYcBUr_4YK9U2hCHaByfiReBA54ZkuTorAGM0hBJ8e2p8oflXL4nQioA7K_oluFNMz8XR2TITXoUfqnfgt7XAH7Fh3NE-_cfqOKiIZJddZPV43zwvp-UMI0lE8kH_6M4ypWe29x3rLxJfyJUYA_tSuKcK7ULQMFCWOJceYD_WRORmETjw

I decided to go ahead with it, will be keeping the track tight as well and have big wheel kit to put on so should be fine I think. Thanks All!

I have 36 done, 99 more to go tomorrow. I did the tunnel protector first then started this..........that epoxy is quite potent!!!

y4mysJnkRVMk9UO7TWRxHXL7qlnavjiJ3tJi2tIBXYcBUr_4YK9U2hCHaByfiReBA54ZkuTorAGM0hBJ8e2p8oflXL4nQioA7K_oluFNMz8XR2TITXoUfqnfgt7XAH7Fh3NE-_cfqOKiIZJddZPV43zwvp-UMI0lE8kH_6M4ypWe29x3rLxJfyJUYA_tSuKcK7ULQMFCWOJceYD_WRORmETjw
What kind of lift are you using?

I would have ran those closer to the windows. Too many in the center like that won't do much for you.

I did 180 1.500 stud boys on my 129 with powertrail. Your pattern will make it handle good but be careful picking races if you are into racing your buddies, make sure its not a short race

I would have ran those closer to the windows. Too many in the center like that won't do much for you.

That's the thing with this template it avoids the area close to the windows because that's where the quiet pads are. If it doesn't work well I can always adjust, I can add a stud beside the other with a double backer etc so lots of options if this isn't enough.

Looks good, Keep an eye on the studs on the out part of the track. Lots of flexing there, and can be hard on the studs.
MS

What should I aim for on track sag? I know people say to run it tight is that 0 sag, 1"?

Cool to see that the bigger wheels in the big wheel kit keep the track off the sliders at the back!

Back