• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

anti engine brake..

Sportsterdanne

TY 4 Stroke Guru
On a Nytro is the engine brake reduction controlled by the ecu ?
If so, is it possible to reprogram the ecu to reduce it even more with a reflash ?
I think the engine brake is one of the major issues that the make the sled feel heavy compared to a two stroke.

On a Nytro is the engine brake reduction controlled by the ecu ?
If so, is it possible to reprogram the ecu to reduce it even more with a reflash ?
I think the engine brake is one of the major issues that the make the sled feel heavy compared to a two stroke.

I agree, the engine breaking, even after 6 years on my nytro, still gets to me. its nice on tight trails and dont have to use my break as much but in any amount of powder if you let off the gas it takes a nose dive. I too would like another "fix".

Isn't the clutch the reason?

Yep my second year with the mtx
In the standing position I fil like
I'm going over the bars lol
But still wouldn't trade for a coupeDevile

Set of 14.5 mm rollers and YPY primary spring will almost completely get rid of the engine brake, and a nice little boost in performance too!
Cheap mod with proven results.

Just got back from a good ride back of the water shed and it is kind of a pain in the but... I will for sure Look in to that... a happy new year to everyone and let it snow

What does the 14.5mm rollers and YPY primary spring do
Can I get from Yamaha Dealer?
Part numbers?
Higher clutch engagement?
How does it accually get rid of engine breaking? Is there an forum or thread on it?

Not fond on Nytro at low speeds 0-40 very touchy throttle and jerky.. not good in very tight trails

Will this mod make it like a a 2 stroke? Left off gas and you glide?

Thanks any help be great

Been discussed about a lot, but 14.5 mm rollers act similar to adding more weight to the clutch. The YPY spring along with the rollers lower engagement taking the jerky motion out of the low speed cruising it also let's the sled coast better when off the fuel.

14.5 mm rollers 8CR-17624-00-00
YPY SPRING 90501-581L5-00
Available from yamaha dealer.
The rollers are used in the 4 cyl 4strokes and 3cyl 2 strokes except srx.

Been discussed about a lot, but 14.5 mm rollers act similar to adding more weight to the clutch. The YPY spring along with the rollers lower engagement taking the jerky motion out of the low speed cruising it also let's the sled coast better when off the fuel.

14.5 mm rollers 8CR-17624-00-00
YPY SPRING 90501-581L5-00
Available from yamaha dealer.
The rollers are used in the 4 cyl 4strokes and 3cyl 2 strokes except srx.
Thanks for posting the part #'s. It saved me having to look them up. I am going to try that set-up. I ordered them from Port Yamaha

Thank you for posting.
I did find some postings on setup.

There looks to be a kit. From Schmidt Bros also
Comfort kit or the Stage 2 kit.
Looks to have good reviews

Has anyone tried the kit from Schmidt Bros ?

Lots of people tried and like the Schmidt Bros clutch kit but it's more or less the same as the 14.5 mm roller and YPY spring set up but costs $30 more

Just looked up part number for rollers
Didn't realize Yamaha had a wide range of years for inter change of parts considering rollers are from 2 stroke.
Sounds like it be wiser to go Yamaha if you wanna save alittle cash
Any special tools needed to change rollers and spring?
Can you do it on sled or have to remove clutch
From sled?

I found a TY tech video on YouTube they changed weights and spring in 2011 Apex.
Looked pretty easy for most part

Thanks Steiner

Back