• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anti-ratchet drivers

If you use doo let me know I did one and I have the measurement for the doo drivers at home (I think)

TurboJamie said:
If you use doo let me know I did one and I have the measurement for the doo drivers at home (I think)
Im heading to pick them up right now so I already committed to them pretty much. Any clearance info though is greatly appreciatted. though...

08NitroRTX said:
Also make sure your extrovert tips dont contact your rail tips when the front od the skid is compressed!!
I think I have seen where someone claimed they fit BUT I haven't tried it So I don't know for sure.....
Ok, thanks!
Would they just rub and wear against each other or would they jam up and bend/break stuff?

worse case:
jam and break then crash....

NOT a pretty picture!

Careful measuring should tell you! You will not be able to return the drivers once they have been pressed on your axle. ALSO (sorry this might be obvious to some) there is a 'timing' arrow on each driver MAKE SURE THE ARROW IS POINTING AWAY FROM THE SAME AXLE FLAT ON BOTH DRIVERS!!! Otherwise your extrovert tips will NOT be in sinc with each other!

Agian I'm NOT saying the 10T extroverts will not fit! Just telling you to check!!!

ALSO (sorry this might be obvious to some) there is a 'timing' arrow on each driver MAKE SURE THE ARROW IS POINTING AWAY FROM THE SAME AXLE FLAT ON BOTH DRIVERS!!! Otherwise your extrovert tips will NOT be in sinc with each other!

At first this didn't make any sense. but then I thought about it and it makes perfect sense. The drive cogs are not clocked the same all around the driver in relation to the flats where the drive contacts the drive shaft. It seems obvious now.

Unchained, too bad you already got the 15" wide track, the 14" wide is good for an few MPH, and with 10 tooth drivers you would have an sled that rolled really well.

I wonder if you put 8" wheels in the back and 10 tooth Drivers in the front, whether or not the 128 would fit without rail extensions?

Could be an nice easy speed mod.

i have been running 10 tooth drivers(not extroverts) on my rx for a few years now. they reduce the track angle slightly, they make the speedometer read perfect, odometer will read low about 9-10%. they also increase the gear ratio so re-gearing may be required.

08NitroRTX said:
there is a 'timing' arrow on each driver MAKE SURE THE ARROW IS POINTING AWAY FROM THE SAME AXLE FLAT ON BOTH DRIVERS!!! Otherwise your extrovert tips will NOT be in sinc with each other!

Is it the same with whalbros wheels to? Or just Doo?

I have some vibrations from my track after installing Whalbros extros and a 1,75" track.
Im not sure if my dealer was aware of these arrows when they installed them.

morrisond said:
Unchained, too bad you already got the 15" wide track, the 14" wide is good for an few MPH, and with 10 tooth drivers you would have an sled that rolled really well.

I wonder if you put 8" wheels in the back and 10 tooth Drivers in the front, whether or not the 128 would fit without rail extensions?

Could be an nice easy speed mod.
I agree and thats why I orginally planned on running a 14" wide 128 but couldnt find a deal so I settled on this nice used 15 x 128 for $189....

08NitroRTX said:
I don't think that helps much on whether 10t extroverts will fit under the FX Nytro!

:o|
Yeah right...Now Im worried about clearance for the rail tips AND I just found out now why Cat went from 10's in 03 to 9's because the 10's didnt have enough ground clearance and would bend he driveshaft if you crashed on the driver.
I cant really determine if either of these issues will apply to the Nytro until its together so I can lay it all out and do some measuring and this Yami driveshaft removal isnt exactly fun to re-do once back together.

Guess this rain and warm up is about the only good ting going for me right now--at least Im not super rushed with good snow right now but of course the snow and cold will be back soon....
Ryan

Back