• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Any reason not to pick up an 07 venture lite

GypsyRoots said:
Awesome! Too bad about the trailer... but Nice Sled!
I had forgotten how they look with the gray panels, I think I like it better now than I did earlier in the season, but I still prefer the all black.
Will you be riding 2-up a lot or will it be more of a utility sled?
I ask, because the back seat is very heavy, really. I have mine shrink wrapped in the house... but I bought it for a pick up truck...
I also removed the foot blocks, in deeper snow they got in my way a lot... and I don't really carry passengers anyway...
Congrats on your purchase!
If you run into problems, make sure you share it with us... :rocks:
Thanks. It's really no problem that it didn't fit in the trailer, I'd already planned on selling that trailer, and another like it, along with three 2-stroke sleds next fall. (My oldest son is off to college next year down south - so I'm 'down sizing' to just 2 sleds and one trailer - since he won't be around for snowmobiling for the next few years.)

Whether or not I keep the backseat on depends on how easy it is to get off/on and how often my wife decides to ride. I suspect it'll be used without the backseat most often.

snoldforge said:
Nice pic's donmac, I'm jealous, I pick mine up in December. What year and make trailer do you have?
Thanks. The trailer is a 1999 10' Karavan Ultra 10R with a SnoPro enclosure.

With the trailer open, the windshield clears easily - but I can pull the sled up as far as it will go - skis all the way up against the enclosure up front (which is too far) and the enclosure still won't clear the rack on the back of the sled by a long shot.

I know it fits on most of the new 10' trailers depending on make and style. I may go for the 12' just for peace of mind. Thanks for the info. Good luck with your V-lite.

donmac said:
Whether or not I keep the backseat on depends on how easy it is to get off/on and how often my wife decides to ride. I suspect it'll be used without the backseat most often.

The back seat comes off with two bolts to remove the plastic cover and two bolts to remove the seat. I really wish Yamaha had put a system that did not require tools, but I guess that it would weigh more.
Speaking of tools, I also wish they had put the same 1/4 turn fasteners on the battery side cover. It is the panel you have to get at most often, to check the oil and chaincase, and it is the one panel tha requires a tool!
I hope someone comes out with a retrofit kit.

If I remember right my seat was more than 20 pounds! I rather put it in when I need it, than carry that much extra weight.

Hello Donmac,

Welcome to the V-Lite club. Just like GR I use mine as a long range touring and hunting machine. The ride is fantastic and the storage is the best there is. I can go 140 miles before I have to refill the tank which is a big deal here in AK. Off on another 200 mile trip Monday to scout for a future Grizzly hunt and, just enjoy the great outdoors with my son.

Congrats

Other news: Talked to my dealer today and he said he wanted to remove the clips that hold down the sceen in the airbox. It seems a customer in our region just lost a motor because of them comming off and getting sucked down the throttle body.

;)! ;)! ;)!

It would be nice to have a V-lite forum that's for sure. The Venture lite or the Venture mp that we have in Canada has got to be one of the nicest sleds for long range tours or any riding that involves carrying any amount of supplies. The riding positon and the smooth ride make a long days ride enjoyable. I know I could never go back to the hunched over riding positon of the older sleds.
On that other news that Woodbnek mentioned: We had one engine failure in our area caused by that same metal clip coming loose and getting sucked into the motor. I suggest everyone keep a close eye on them and get the dealers to remove them as soon as possible. Topper

Skwentna Roadhouse Loop

Hello All,
My son Matthew is still sleeping after our 165 mile ride yesterday. It was a beautiful day that started at -12 deg and by lunch was a balmy 15 deg F. We started at Big Lake Ak. We then rode the Crooked Lake trail to the Iron Dog trail to Susitna. Matthew and I then did a turn up the Yentna river to stop and have lunch at Skwentna Road House. Both Matthew and I had Bush Burgers and they were as he put it, "delisciouse". The Boy wanted another "Bush Burger" but, he had to put in another 80 miles before Dad would feed him again. We filled up Matthews machine at the Road House. It took a wopping 3.3 gallons. That's 24.8 mpg out of that little sled. Puuuuuuurty impressive! We kept the five gallon gas container full and pressed on back toward Susitna following and parralleling the old Iditarod trail. We finished up the remainder of our trip by using the Irondog trail back to Big Lake where we arrived at eight PM. The V-Lite did the whole trip without refuelling. It has been averaging about 19-20 mpg. Not Bad! Matthew was a real trooper. As we stopped for a snack before our last leg, this time I never heard him say as he usually does , "Dad let's keep going." He is now ready for an overnight adventure. I did not get a chance to scout for bear this week but, my time is better spent with my son anyway. They just grow up too fast. My scout/cousin went out and looked around and he put on 400 miles on in two days. These snow conditions really lend to wintertime travel.
Enjoy the pictures. :pics:
Blessings,
woodbnek

Attachments

• IMG_2058-1.jpg
    IMG_2058-1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2059-1.jpg
    IMG_2059-1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2063-1.jpg
    IMG_2063-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2065-1.jpg
    IMG_2065-1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2069-1.jpg
    IMG_2069-1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2071-1.jpg
    IMG_2071-1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2074-1.jpg
    IMG_2074-1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2078-1.jpg
    IMG_2078-1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 47
Woodbnek - Very nice snaps, and post.
I love reading about all these adventures, no matter how long they are.
They're all very enjoyable.

24.8 mpg outta that little Bravo - that's 30mpg Canadian - unbelieveable mileage. Too bad the tanks are so small. But we all know the Bravo isn't made for touring is it.

You say you went the whole trip (165 miles) without refueling. Very impressive as well. By the look of the snaps, the conditions were near perfect for great fuel economy. Good to read everyones fuel ratings. I feel ok with the 18 to 20mpg Canadian that I've been getting. Everyones snow conditions and riding habits are certainly not the same, as will be the fuel consumption.

Buy the way, is a Bush Burger a mixture of wild game, or just one type of meat? Maybe only the Skwentna Road House knows for sure!

Bush Burgers and Milage

Thanks, Glad you like them.

"24.8 mpg outta that little Bravo - that's 30mpg Canadian - unbelieveable mileage. Too bad the tanks are so small. But we all know the Bravo isn't made for touring is it. "

The Bravo LT has two tanks. The main tanks is 4.0 gallons and the reserve tank is 2.5 gallons for a total of 6.5 gallons. It is the perfect kids sled up here in Alaska. Reliable, long track, long range and it can cruise at 30-40 mph with little effort. The people at Skwentna Road house have three of them. They are real popular in the Alaska bush.

"You say you went the whole trip (165 miles) without refueling. Very impressive as well. By the look of the snaps, the conditions were near perfect for great fuel economy. Good to read everyones fuel ratings. I feel ok with the 18 to 20mpg Canadian that I've been getting. Everyones snow conditions and riding habits are certainly not the same, as will be the fuel consumption."

Yes, the condition were near perfect for milage calculations. We were doing on average 30-40 MPH on hardpac snow. Occasionaly I found some untracked sugar powder about one foot deep to ride in. I purposely did not take on fuel in Skwentna. I wanted to get an accurate idea of my range and remaining fuel after the low level warning light came on. I was ready to run her dry if I had to. We always carry gas up here, just in case.

"Buy the way, is a Bush Burger a mixture of wild game, or just one type of meat? Maybe only the Skwentna Road House knows for sure!"

Not sure, but I saw a three legged Moose and a Dog without a tail near there. Coincidence? Ha! My son and I sure like them.

;)!

Good comeback with the moose and dog line. Quite funny ... ha ha! Gotta keep the site alive with a little humour now and then.

I'm very familiar with the Bravo. Practically every man and his dog have owned one of those in my neck of the woods. However, have never heard tell of one with a reserve tank? Is this an add on?

I wanted to get an accurate idea of my range and remaining fuel after the low level warning light came on. I was ready to run her dry if I had to.
Did your warning light came on?
I have about 10 litres (3 gals us) remaining in the tank after the warning light comes on.

Hello OST,

Good comeback with the moose and dog line. Quite funny ... ha ha! Gotta keep the site alive with a little humour now and then.

AMEN!

I'm very familiar with the Bravo. Practically every man and his dog have owned one of those in my neck of the woods. However, have never heard tell of one with a reserve tank? Is this an add on?

No, the 07 Bravo LT comes configured from the factory like that. I guess that is why they are so popular up here and there. They are a great work horse sled with great range and duct tape and paper clip reliability.

Did your warning light came on?
I have about 10 litres (3 gals us) remaining in the tank after the warning light comes on.

The V-Lite warning light came on at 140.1 miles. Then after another 25 miles the tank had 1.5 gallons remaing in it.

Reguards ;)!

Back