• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody else notice?t

rbig18

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper ltx se
Recently I noticed Port Yamaha advertising very strongly for Arctic Cat. Bleeding green slogans etc. I take them to be a very well known and large mover of Yamaha sleds (I bought there). Could they know something we don’t about the future of Yamaha and are proactively taking steps to shift to Arctic Cat? Just a thought.

My understanding is since they work on Yama cats it makes most sense to bring on cat anyway so they can increase their snowmobile allocation.

My understanding is since they work on Yama cats it makes most sense to bring on cat anyway so they can increase their snowmobile allocation.
It make smart business sense. You have the parts, the special tools and the Viper/Winder factory training, might as well work on the same thing only green.

To clear up some speculation on this and provide some insight - when yamaha announced the inventory reduction plan for the 2019 model year being a large volume yamaha snowmobile dealer we were probably affected more than most yamaha snowmobile dealers and were put into a position where we really weren't going to have many sleds to sell for this past season (Nov 2018 - March 2019) as unlike many other dealers we had very little in leftover sleds left so when our 2019 regular season sled allocation was so low we kinda needed to look elsewhere or send our sales staff to the bahamas to rent jet skis for the winter...lol At this moment we are currently sitting with zero new yamaha snowmobiles in stock to sell and have been very low on Yamaha sled inventory since Jan 1. The nearest Arctic Cat dealer to us was roughly an hour away in any direction (for reference we have Yamaha sled dealers 20 minutes west, 30 minutes north, 45 minutes south, and Lake Michigan directly east of us) our familiarity with the Cat sleds since the Yamaha/Cat collaboration, and having many of the common Cat parts already in stock all made taking on the Arctic Cat brand a very smooth addition for us. For 2020 Arctic Cat is now doing a preorder only program for sleds kinda like Yamaha last year and will not have any regular season inventory but thankfully Yamaha has increased our allocation of sleds for 2020 so we will have Yamaha sleds to sell next year in season.

Last edited:
For 2020 if you want a 2 Stroke you buy the Cat. If you want the 4 Stroke buy the Yamaha. Makes sense to me.

Mine is stock,was going to flash it next year but after reading and hearing about all the weak a/c drivetrain its going to stay that way.....just a real w/s and dupont slides and clutch work ...Same as i always have.

Mine is stock,was going to flash it next year but after reading and hearing about all the weak a/c drivetrain its going to stay that way.....just a real w/s and dupont slides and clutch work ...Same as i always have.
Tuning has almost nothing to do with the drivetrain issues, like the tensioner bolts backing out for example. Aside from a few quirks, it is a very strong drivetrain. I'm amazed at the strength of the jackshaft.

Back