• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody seeing any Rtx le's yet

Anyone know if all the Sidewinders are built yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this may help us to identify the differences. I snapped this from the Yamaha website pictures of the Sidewinder. The blue one is the RTX LE, the orange is the RTX SE. Aside from the obvious difference in idler wheel placement and shocks, I can see a few differences:
- LE has a linkage parallel to the rear shock, whereas the SE has it below the shock
- LE had a different front arm than the SE, and the mounting point to the rails is different
- You can see the profile of the rails around the rear bump stop is different.

Judging from the pics you posted of the RTX LE you received, the skid in it is different than both the LE and SE comparison. Your sled has the right shocks. But it seems to have the SE front arm, but the LE profile around the bump stop, and has the SE rod below the rear shock. The rear shock piggyback is now off to the side, instead of below. And the idler wheel placement doesn't match either in the comparison photo. However, I can tell you that the LE is definitely different than the SE ... The orange SE is exactly what came in my 2015 Viper RTX SE - exactly. So whereas it doesn't seem like the LE's are coming as what was expected, they are upgraded from the SE version.

Attachments

• RTX skids.JPG
    RTX skids.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 165
problem is you are comparing to what is in a promo pic and what you had in '15. I would bet the LE and SE match the LE pix ps1 posted.

problem is you are comparing to what is in a promo pic and what you had in '15. I would bet the LE and SE match the LE pix ps1 posted.
From FB

14883432_10154718490598330_6276387835968724143_o.jpg

Same as LE pix from ps1

You are right. I was simply trying to highlight the items that 'should have' differentiated the skids from the LE to the SE version and might help identify what to look for. However, with your pic of the SE, and an earlier pic of an LE I think it's safe to say that neither sled is coming as what was in the promo pics.

On a positive note ... The SE looks like an improved version of what came in my '15 Viper. And even though the LE looks to be the same thing, it does have way better shocks in it.

You are right. I was simply trying to highlight the items that 'should have' differentiated the skids from the LE to the SE version and might help identify what to look for. However, with your pic of the SE, and an earlier pic of an LE I think it's safe to say that neither sled is coming as what was in the promo pics.

On a positive note ... The SE looks like an improved version of what came in my '15 Viper. And even though the LE looks to be the same thing, it does have way better shocks in it.
Only thing different about the 17 SE AND LiE skid is shocks and they added the extra wheels just like I did to mine. Takes 5 minutes and $30 They also did change the front arm in 129 to same length as 137 along with rails to fit it. Both LiE and SE got that. That was talked about quite a while ago. Worry is transfer may be lost in 129? In no way is it even close to the RR and LE Viper skid of past. Oh and want to rub salt into the wound. Cat Upgraded the RR Skid in the Cat XC sleds. Now has way more adjustment and still heavily reinforced like past. Some kind of partner Yamaha has gotten!

Here is my SE Viper with extra wheel kits on it.Dont get all excited about the Aluminum shock rods. Those are Hygear and only used to fit resevoir shock. Same length as stock.
DSC00805.JPG

So Yamaha is doing it again!! When I spring ordered my 15 rtx-le it was to come with kashima coated rc2 front shocks with hi/low speed compression and rebound adjustability ,which it didn't come with, and the rear shocks were also supposed to have hi/low comp. and rebound but it didn't come with that either!!. When I called Yamaha they told me to read the "subject to change" at the bottom of the page. So if you feel like you just got screwed, it won't matter to Yamaha. I for one will never spring order another sled, I want to see and sit on the next sled before I put money down on one again. Hopefully it works out better for those that ordered the le's this year than it did for us that ordered them back in 15.

Dont forget the 16 guys who got a different motor that they then were told couldnt handle a Turbo.

Pic of 2017 XC cat which is available to public. This is the so called rr skid! It does exist. Yamaha got screwed.

Attachments

• IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 151
Pic of 2017 XC cat which is available to public. This is the so called rr skid! It does exist. Yamaha got screwed.
What's it worth? Yamaha needs to take that off our price or give us Yamaha bucks

Back