• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone in Maine rebuild RX1 motors??

04rxw10

Lifetime Member
Website
androscogginubm.org
looking for someone in Maine that rebuilds rx1 motors don't want to go to a dealer. I did a big NO NO let the sled sit for 9 years and never started it yes it had a cover on it for about 2 years then the weather destroyed it. Just last week finally got it to the shop I'm working at flushed the tank cleaned carbs new coils new battery did a compression test. Going from PTO aka clutch side #1 90psi #2 60psi #3 and 4 200psi filled 1 and 2 with atf let set for weekend. Come in Monday suck out what oil is left crank over to clear more out test again #1 150psi #2 125psi 3 and 4 still at 200psi no more testing for them. Put plugs in and fire up don't sound right test #1 and 2 are now reading 60psi Im thinking it needs pistons and rings and maybe some head work.

Likely rust on the valves. Been more than one or two of those reported here. Try some Yamaha Ring Free, if they still make it, or even the new EngineMed RX product line. I've been using the FuelMed RX instead of Seafoam for a while now. Works BETTER than Seafoam.

looking for someone in Maine that rebuilds rx1 motors don't want to go to a dealer. I did a big NO NO let the sled sit for 9 years and never started it yes it had a cover on it for about 2 years then the weather destroyed it. Just last week finally got it to the shop I'm working at flushed the tank cleaned carbs new coils new battery did a compression test. Going from PTO aka clutch side #1 90psi #2 60psi #3 and 4 200psi filled 1 and 2 with atf let set for weekend. Come in Monday suck out what oil is left crank over to clear more out test again #1 150psi #2 125psi 3 and 4 still at 200psi no more testing for them. Put plugs in and fire up don't sound right test #1 and 2 are now reading 60psi Im thinking it needs pistons and rings and maybe some head work.
I don’t know of anyone I would trust for rebuild/ repair,you can still get ring free& definetly worth a try to do the shock treatment,when you had the carbs off did you look into the cylinders? Definetly sounds like stuck rings/ valves, do you have a camera you could pull the plugs& look into each cylinder

Back