• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone stuff a Polaris skidframe into a Nytro FX?

terez

Expert
Looking for Polaris IQ skidframe swap into a Nytro FX

Can the front holes be used? Need to relocate plates and or drill new holes?

Thanks

PS This Nytro skid blows...need to swap in a better skid or down the road she goes. Tried revalving the oem shocks..a bit better...aftermarket shocks...a bit better still. But the skid design and reliability aint there.

I have a 2013 nytro xtx that i swapped in a polaris skid. Altough, i did it more of off trail reasons then trail riding reasons. The skid came out of a 2014 Pro RMK 155. It mounted in the oem nytro MTX holes. Luckily, the 13 xtx utilizes the same tunnel as the xtx so the bolt holes at the front of the tunnel were already there. All i had to do is get mtx drop brackets and relocate those. I also had to shim the cross shafts because the polaris skid is narrower then the yamaha skid. Also, the way the 155 skid fits under the nytro tunnel, it utilizes a 162" track.

Attachments

• 20160521_144514.jpg
    20160521_144514.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 283
The FX uses different hole locations and rear hangars than the XTX or MTX.

Looking for anyone who has swapped a skid into an FX.

Thanks

I have a 2013 nytro xtx that i swapped in a polaris skid. Altough, i did it more of off trail reasons then trail riding reasons. The skid came out of a 2014 Pro RMK 155. It mounted in the oem nytro MTX holes. Luckily, the 13 xtx utilizes the same tunnel as the xtx so the bolt holes at the front of the tunnel were already there. All i had to do is get mtx drop brackets and relocate those. I also had to shim the cross shafts because the polaris skid is narrower then the yamaha skid. Also, the way the 155 skid fits under the nytro tunnel, it utilizes a 162" track.

Bitchin sled!! BTW
I watched the build thread .....nice job!

Back