• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex 2011 MCX 290 to fat

Stigapex

Suspended
Hello

My Apex XTX is running to fat. The MCX 290 kit it's just installed.
The sled hesitate in acceleration, and when the sled idle it's not clean. When slow-running it's fat, but in high speed with much boost, I don't feel anything wrong.

Could the problem be that I have capseled the air-intake, se picture.
I meen it's getting enough air, and no problem with enough boost. I'm reading around 1 bar.

Could it be something wrong with the MCX ecu ?

Is it possible to adjust the MCX ecu, without buying the unit from them, to a big price.

Attachments

• 08012012362.jpg
    08012012362.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 160

Ive been looking too. I do know that there is a port to plug in a usb cable on the mcx box. But you need the software to program it(dealer has it). If anyone know let us know!

D you have the hose going from the pressure sensor to the blow off valve? If so dissconnect it if you are below 2000 feet. All it does is add fuel that is not needed. It worked for me, im still running rich but not as bad with it connected. Just cap off the blow off valve side. ( the grease nipple that doubles as a bolt, it hold the blow off valve on).

Do you have the chech valve installed backwards to the air pressure sensor ?

On the right side of the throttle bodies ? The kit supplies the check valve !!!

The pressure sensor, as I know is inside the MCX ecu box, I don't know of any air pressure sensor.
The hoses I installed goes from MCX ecu, four hoses to Throttle bodies, one hose to BOV, one hose to fuel pump regulator.
And I' ve also installed a boost gauge beetween the hose going from BOV to throttle bodies.
As I see all hoses in this line has the same pressure.

There is also installed a "back-valve" on the hose to the OEM map sensor, because it can't stand the boost pressure.

All this done as MCX-manual describe.

I've picked off the capsling around the air-intake, so that's not the problem anymore.

Today I was a little test-run with my neighbours Doo Renegade XR1200 MCX255, and I hadn't a chance from start. It wasn't possible to drive very long, around 500 ft, but in that distance, I had not a chance.
Both of us have a 1,75" track, no studs. He 137" and I 144".

chech the back valve to the oem map sensor

if it is in backwards you will have your problem !!

Stigapex - Yes you can adjust the C0 from the instrument pod. Set them at -10 for each cylinder.

The MCX box is programmable.

PM me.

Jan-Ove
rxrider

gsxr said:
Did you get running ok ?

I'm not satisfied, I've checked everything, all's ok.
The sled is running ok, but I feel that it's possible to get it much better with some adjusting, so I think the only way is to add the MCX-unit to the sled.

Wow , we have 4 of these sleds running perfect ??

Call Eric and ask him , I have talked to him a few times , very good to help !

And he is in your back yard !!

ps is the map sensor check valve in backwards ?

whats back valve? have a t-fitting between the map-sensor and the carburators as the manual says... cant reed anything about a back valve?

allways worked fine to me,

Attachments

• SYJUYJYJ.jpg
    SYJUYJYJ.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 85
  • SYJUYJYJ.jpg
    SYJUYJYJ.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 108
Cant find any about a back valve in non of the install manuals. I have run as the pic above show and allways worked fine. So whats this

gsxr said:
Wow , we have 4 of these sleds running perfect ??

Call Eric and ask him , I have talked to him a few times , very good to help !

And he is in your back yard !!

ps is the map sensor check valve in backwards ?

Runnig perfect ?
You are sure of that?
My sled is running very well, but perfect, no way...
I think it's to slow from start, but when the pressure is 15 psi, I'm not able to feel if the sled is running perfect or not, but I'm sure there are some hp's to find, with perfect adjusting.
Back valve to Map sensor ok.

vmax4ever said:
Cant find any about a back valve in non of the install manuals. I have run as the pic above show and allways worked fine. So whats this

On the t-fitting to the oem-mapsensor, there is a back-valve

Back