• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex air hose

gytrapex

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 yamhah apex gt
image.jpg
What dose this hose do Bc I keep geting water in my air box and idk were it comeing from I know it's not comeing from the hose just water geting in that hose want to know if I can use frogzskin to block off the water from geting in it

that hose lets the crank case breath oil can come out from it in a roll over if you are getting watter in the air box it has a hole in it somewhere seems like its been a thorn in your side for awhile now i would get a new used air box.

that hose lets the crank case breath oil can come out from it in a roll over if you are getting watter in the air box it has a hole in it somewhere seems like its been a thorn in your side for awhile now i would get a new used air box.
Will it hurt to put frogzskin on the end of it

i would not block that hose the watter is not commong in there. the worry is the watter getting into the motor thru the throttle bodies.

Is the hose in that picture taped? If it is it shouldn't be. The split in the tube is there in case the end of it freezes up and will still allow the crank to breathe.

Is the hose in that picture taped? If it is it shouldn't be. The split in the tube is there in case the end of it freezes up and will still allow the crank to breathe.
It was like that when I got the sled I have to get a new one then Bc I took the tape off and some one glued it the split then taped it up

How much water are you getting?? That hose is a crankcase breather and it releases pressure...which is basically warm oily air. That warm air meets cold air in the airbox....and it condenses...making water.(which is why those hoses have a tendency to freeze). Don't cover the end...the hose doesn't suck as hard as the intake.

How much water are you getting?? That hose is a crankcase breather and it releases pressure...which is basically warm oily air. That warm air meets cold air in the airbox....and it condenses...making water.(which is why those hoses have a tendency to freeze). Don't cover the end...the hose doesn't suck as hard as the intake.
That what it looks like is condenses it only on the screen and my air filter and in front of my air box will this hurt any thing

Back