• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex keeps shutting off, electrical,

its a very intermittent problem but is getting more frequent. as i am driving everything just turns off, then it comes back on but its getting worse every day. last night i tore it apart and cleaned some fuses and stuff and checked a few wires but it didnt seem to make any differance. anybody had this problem before???

Engine shuts off?
Lights shut-off?
Do the lights go out immediately etc?

Fill me in, should be able to help narrow it down for you. ;)!

A common cause to check is the wiring harness coming from the ECU at the front of the sled.
The wires go over a sharp metal edge that cuts into the wiring insulation and shorts out the ignition.

If you find this, cover the open insulation with liquid electrical tape and then a good quality electrical tape like 3M 33+.
Cover the wires with split loom and tywrap to keep away from the edge in the future.

Let us know!

Rockmeister :-o

check out the rectifier regulator connection in the nose of the sled. There is a rotation coil pick up lead that can get corroded or even loose over time.

oh okay. i checked all the wiring and plugs in the front of the sled last night and rode it for 30 mins and it didnt do it, so it could possably have been a loose plug, but knock on wood, hope it is fixed. thanx

its a very intermittent problem but is getting more frequent. as i am driving everything just turns off, then it comes back on but its getting worse every day. last night i tore it apart and cleaned some fuses and stuff and checked a few wires but it didnt seem to make any differance. anybody had this problem before???
I'm having same problems. Like a kill switch than back on. Could ride 100 miles one day no problems next day could happen in 1st 20 miles. I've check and tested everything. I'm lost.

Old post from 2009. Might want to start your own thread.

Back