• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 43 and 13

slowride06er

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex
I have a 2012se with 7,000 miles on it. I'm getting a code 43 and now a new 13. I definitely missed or can't find the problem.
What I've done so far.
Checked grounds.
Eliminated grounding blocks. Replaced stator. Installed new ECM and also tried one from a running sled without codes
Cleaned ground on starter
Cleaned main ground by starter
Cleaned ground in nose of sled with two wires on one spade
Replaced the speedometer pickup
Checked starter relay and fuses there
Checked accessory fuses in black box above reverse handle
Checked all plug connections that I found
Replaced all relays from running sled
Unplugged and checked all connections in nose of sled
Other than today with new code 13 I didn't start today but previously wiggled pulled tugged pushed on wiring harness with hammer handle where I could not reach while running to try to find a bad spot with no luck.
All plugs got dielectric grease after inspection

Did not check anything related to fuel pump

Anyone else fix this problem what did I miss?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

I have a 2012se with 7,000 miles on it. I'm getting a code 43 and now a new 13. I definitely missed or can't find the problem.
What I've done so far.
Checked grounds.
Eliminated grounding blocks. Replaced stator. Installed new ECM and also tried one from a running sled without codes
Cleaned ground on starter
Cleaned main ground by starter
Cleaned ground in nose of sled with two wires on one spade
Replaced the speedometer pickup
Checked starter relay and fuses there
Checked accessory fuses in black box above reverse handle
Checked all plug connections that I found
Replaced all relays from running sled
Unplugged and checked all connections in nose of sled
Other than today with new code 13 I didn't start today but previously wiggled pulled tugged pushed on wiring harness with hammer handle where I could not reach while running to try to find a bad spot with no luck.
All plugs got dielectric grease after inspection

Did not check anything related to fuel pump

Anyone else fix this problem what did I miss?
Thank you in advance.
Look again at the female terminals inside the white block that plugs into the starter solenoid. Take an individual male and slide it into each of those to ensure a firm grip is there.

Look again at the female terminals inside the white block that plugs into the starter solenoid. Take an individual male and slide it into each of those to ensure a firm grip is there.
I will do that tomorrow for sure and see what I missed and go from there.

Thank you I'll report back

Have you actually gone into diagnostics to read codes? I always go into diagnostics and read all the stored codes. Stored codes do not always display on dash. Once you have written down all the codes, clear them and see what comes back.

Have you actually gone into diagnostics to read codes? I always go into diagnostics and read all the stored codes. Stored codes do not always display on dash. Once you have written down all the codes, clear them and see what comes back.
No I have not but I'm going to look that up next.

I did check out that connection and my thought is it's fine. I used a bare spade connector it felt snug to me.

I also pushed very carefully on female connection to make it tighter if you will with no change at all.

Now that little man is sleeping why I didn't see this or think about this. One of my main harnesses going to my light pod doesn't lock in place It was like that when I purchased it and until now never gave it a second thought. If that's the issue I overlooked it but the first time I took that apart I questioned it.

Back at it tomorrow

Again thank you in advance

No I have not but I'm going to look that up next.
I tried clearing codes. I got to the number 62. There is the number 2 showing I tried the handle bar heat switch pushed hot and cold held it for ten seconds even longer with no luck to get to clear. Even tried thumb warmer I'm missing something. The code 13 is new. Did some reading on that as well.

I tried clearing codes. I got to the number 62. There is the number 2 showing I tried the handle bar heat switch pushed hot and cold held it for ten seconds even longer with no luck to get to clear. Even tried thumb warmer I'm missing something. The code 13 is new. Did some reading on that as well.
Codes won't clear if they are active.

Back