• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex mcx290 wont charge all the way.

Jona$

Master
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Tapex/sks 800 -16
The sled worked fine last winter, gave it a service and checked everything. started her up and ran fine.

Took the first trip this winter today and noticed it wont charge past 0.5bar! at idle and to the turbo kicks in it shows -0.2 and if i you pumpgas and let go it run to -0.5 for a second.

tried it on the lake and it cant get past 125kmh with max 0.5bar it just sounds like something is holding back all that wonderfull power..also if you let go when charging at hitting the throttel again it will become like a moped and the pressure wont get past 0.3

never had a problem before with the pressure.

any thoughts? and sorry for any bad english.

It sounds like you have a leak somewhere in your intake. Check to see that the throttle bodies are still attached to the head, and then start working your way back towards the turbo, checking all clamps/hoses. Good chance that you've just popped the TB off though...

Sounds like the problem, had the intercooler of when changing the batteri and oilfilter. Gonna try spray Startgas "à ca mister with high pressured gas containing high octane liquid used for spraying into throttles to Find leaks"

Nope that wasnt the problem, sprayed everywhere around the tb and under the tunnel for the hoose between intercooler-precooler.. nothing, dusted a bit on the airintake and sled died instantily so no leak there...

Gonna give Erik at Mcxpress a call tomorrow... damn damn damn

After alot of testing to eliminate a few things im sure its the mcx fuel pump.

Cold it give me a hell of a ride with 12s at the afr, but when pulling out on the sea and giving it full trottle it started stutter at the 5th drag, it got worse for every try, from 14.5 to so lean that the AEM wideband gauge couldnt read the numbers any more,

Sure sound like the pump to me.

try your fuel filter. Mine work fine all winter last year. when i took it out this year it was missing at full throttle. After changing the filter that come with MCX kit....It was all fix.

Hyss the filter off and could blow through it. And its only when i started to pull longer drags.

Back