• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex ot nytro?

antpal22

Extreme
Hey Guys, just wondering has anyone driven both the apex and the nytro ,??? may buy a new sled . I have a 08 Nytro , and Im a litle disappointed with it . It just doesn't quite handle the corners like I'm used to ( maybe cuz the rider forward ) not quite sure

Im not much into the big jumps or deep powder thing me and the buds just like to do the 300 mile thing on the groomed U.P. trails , but the one thing that I absolutely must have is something that handles like its on rails , because although , as I've stated , we're not into the big air thing ,, we go at a fast clip !!!

thanks guys I appreciate any input

antpal22 said:
Hey Guys, just wondering has anyone driven both the apex and the nytro ,??? may buy a new sled . I have a 08 Nytro , and Im a litle disappointed with it . It just doesn't quite handle the corners like I'm used to ( maybe cuz the rider forward ) not quite sure

Im not much into the big jumps or deep powder thing me and the buds just like to do the 300 mile thing on the groomed U.P. trails , but the one thing that I absolutely must have is something that handles like its on rails , because although , as I've stated , we're not into the big air thing ,, we go at a fast clip !!!

thanks guys I appreciate any input
I have both - sounds like you need an Apex!

I've had two Apex's

I loved my Apex on groomed trails as long as they were big trails and not the narrow winding rutted out trails. The pull when you smash it doing 70 MPH is incredable. It feels light but doesn't rail corners as the thing it heavy and top heavy at that. It was a pleasure 90% of the time. If you get her stuck make sure your buddy's are not out in front as you'll need help. LoL My friend bought a 08 nitro and hates the thing. I've heard more bad than good about the Nytro. The suspension was weak yet the mahgs said it was a bump sled. Now a SE comes out with even better suspension. Makes you look at those guys differently that do the CD for Yamaha. Like you can't believe all thay say. Its like the power of the motor blinds them from everything else.
I would say get an Apex. I just bought a XTX but I need a new sled every year or two. 3 years warranty and $1300 Cdn off the retail.

I had a 06 Attak for previous seasons, this year I bought a Nytro RTX SE. IF where you ride is always flat and open -get the Attak/Apex. IF it is tight narrow and or Bumpy buy a Nytro. IF you need to go 100 all the time buy an Apex. IF you like to nail it corner to corner- buy the Nytro.

Back