• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro questions

PatJRose

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro fx xtx
Hi all! newbie here! I have been riding 2strokes for years and just bought my first 4stroke 2012 Nytro with 3100 miles. I have searched through nytro general talk and have answered a lot of my question, but and few I couldn't find out. When I pull the sled off of ideal sometimes there is a slight miss or hiccup after that runs great through the rpm rang. second I blew the belt out the other day, installed new spare Yamaha belt after reading the forms I saw a lot about never rotate engine backward so timing chain won't skip. my fear is that I may have moved in slightly. machine still runs great. is it easy too tell if the machine is out of time?? any thing else you guys think I should check over on the sled? appreciate everything, thanks everyone!!

I would think that if the chain jumped a tooth, it would run like crap or not at all.

Be careful with the spare. Take it back off and inspect it for cracks. If it's the same original 11 year old spare belt, it could be dried out and cracking. Mine was like that in between cogs.

Thanks mooseman, that was my thoughts. From what I understand yamaha updated the chain slides (dampeners) to help prevent this issue but can't figure out what year. I'm sure I'm probably over thinking this.

Your miss at/ above idle very common. I've had 2 Nytro's and if you barely touch the gas you can about kill the motor

Back