• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Skis

RichsApex3573

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex Attak
So, I was finally got some riding in this weekend and WOW is the Apex a great machine! Tons of power- seems to never end! My only complaint was how bad the sled turned, previous owner had almost brand new dual runners with 6" carbides on and man does it slide going into corners- almost no bite whatsoever compared to all my previous sleds with single carbide runners. Question is, is this normal? Should I switch out to single 8" carbide or something similar? Conditions we're mostly soft snow but even on hard pack turning was no bargain. Reminded me of how my old sleds rode right when I knew I had to replace carbides, but sure enough lifted the skis and these carbides are almost brand new. What gives?

Is track studded?? Set your front shocks so a arms are level when you are on sled. Also need to look at your rear suspension. Transfer rod needs to be set at minimal mark, sounds like you don't have enough ski pressure.

x2 on the ski pressure.

x3...
Check the setting on your transfer rod, I have mine set between minimum and half and it bites real good...

The less transfer (towards minimum) will give you better steering bite and also a way better rear suspension (keeps the rear higher to give you more suspension to work with over the bumps)...

You best bet is to play with the transfer rod adjustment and see the difference it makes. If you go to much to minimum you might start to get the heavy steering feeling because you start to put more weight on the front...

Mine suck at turning I throw some c&a pro skis on it and I will never look back they grip so good

Agree with all the posters comments above, I found the pushing terrible with dual carbides. I would highly recommend Snow Tracker Agressive carbides, toe in/out set to zero, optionally, Cobrahead carbides.

thanks, i'll check both transfer rod setting and front suspension this weekend. And yup studded which im sure doesn't help either

Back