• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Stator replacement

apex axle

Code 12 crank sensor at 560 seems to be alright will not start turns over what do I do. Need directions on how to change Stator

Last edited:

i was going to do a video on how to clean an inspect the clutch's if you think it would be good, received a new go -pro an thought it would be good .

i was going to do a video on how to clean an inspect the clutch's if you think it would be good, received a new go -pro an thought it would be good .

Sure... I have one on clutch kit install.. but maybe a good one on cleaning would help too.

I wish i could show or tell you how to replace .. i have not had an issue ,its just a matter of time for me. from what i read its very simple .replace gasket and the stator whole unit ! one piece from yamaha.this is something that needs to be a Sticky up top because all the miles our machines roll over! i was wondering about a month ago the average mileage when this happens here on TY.i am going to replace mine because its getting up on mileage and it seems to be above 10,000mi when it fails.someone else will type and tell there experience with this issue,/

Clutch cleaning.all i do is remove the belt ,take 220 grit sand paper ,fire up machine and hold on sheeves with mid pressure both halfs,then with 320, again repeat.kill engine,and sand clutch sheeves ,even by hand at 45deg .blow clutch with air ,wipe clean with brake clean till clean .this is what i do with the quads i have with cvt and snowmobiles and it has always worked good.be very careful,:winter:;)! keep your fingers and thumbs in and eyes open!!

pretty easy to replace stator just remember to buy gasket. My buddys stator or crank sensor went out with 8200 miles. Replace whole assembly with yamaha parts cost is about $300

Back