• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex summer to-do list

jkenosh

Expert
i have around 1600 miles on my 06 apex er and the only mechanical problem ive ever had was a blown belt, ive caused problems with it (ie crashes) and am thinking what i need to do to keep it running good anything you think i might need to do would be appreciated
1 exhaust donuts
2 front end bushings (pioneer or ulmer probably ulmer)
3 driveshaft bearings
4 oil change
5 revalve rear shock (goodwins probably close to my house and they do good work)
6 change any bad rear skid wheels
7 reinforce arms in rear skid and powdercoat them
thats about all i can think of except maybe spark plugs and changing the antifreeze, chaincase oil, and probably the brake fluid. :drink:

good idea, I got to do #1, 3 .4 and 6

I highly recommend the Ulmer Bronze oilite a arm and bulk head bushings
Get the spindle bushing from Pioneer as I do not believe any bronze pieces are available for those.

I only have 650 miles on mine I'm hoping that 4 and maybe 6 is it but I think my wheels are good oh ! just remembered 5 that was bad when it was new .LOL

at only 1600 miles is there a need for the exhaust donuts and front end bushings? I am in the same sitaution - same sled - same miles and am only looking to do:

- oil change
- check bearings
- check all wheels on skid

Thats it - put some stabil in and start every month until warm and then shut it down.

I have 3400 miles on my 06 RTX
- I will be changing drive and jack shaft bearings.
-All new wheels and bearings
-Check my exhaust donuts and Y pipe
-chain case and engine oil
-anything else that I hope I don't find

3200 on my 07 Apex RTX/X (Pro X conversion)

Wash/clean - done
Oil/filter change - done
Shock shafts, clickers and all unpainted alum. coated liberally with WD-40 - done
Grease all existing fittings - done

Replace front end bushings - install grease fittings while I'm at it.
Metal strap across lower front a arm mounts (possible?)
Shocks (4) are (past?) due for service, will have some valving done at the same time.
PTO and Driveshaft bearings - will look into doing the repack trick, otherwise will replace. Grease type?
Exhaust Donuts - don't want to think about having the sled down for something like that mid season.
Install SilverStar headlight bulbs?

already ordered the bushings from ulmer.
will be changing the oil
speedo bearing
having all the shocks done
just finished replacing all the track clips, sliders and 6 wheels.
will have to replace some bushings or links in the steering(to much play)
did the donuts in december.
chaincase and coolant are due as well

07 Apex ER with 5000 miles:
- going in to the dealer for the exhaust donuts (y pipe?) as the exhaust just started leaking.
-lost an outside rear wheel, going to pull suspension and completely check/replace wheels/bearing, sliders, etc. touch-up paint
-shock going out to re-valved
-oil/filter
-clean clutches, new buttons for the secondary
-lube jack shaft and drive shaft bearing
-new belt
-clean sled top to bottom
-fuel stabilizer, battery tender

Kaz

Fesh oil, fresh chain case lube (amsoil for both) wd-40 the rear skid, spray down the engine with silicon spray (I hate that white chalky corrosion) remove all warning stickers and polish up the tunnel.

Do u put the wd-40 on wilh a rag, or just spray it on? If spray, what about overspray on track?

RIYAMAHA said:
Do u put the wd-40 on wilh a rag, or just spray it on? If spray, what about overspray on track?
Spray. I buy it by the gallon and use a spray bottle. Don't worry about getting it on the track, it won't hurt the rubber. It even says so on wd-40's website ;)!
From their website:
What surfaces or materials are OK to use WD-40 on?
WD-40 can be used on just about everything. It is safe for metal, rubber, wood and plastic. WD-40 can be applied to painted metal surfaces without harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like WD-40.

Mighty said:
Fesh oil, fresh chain case lube (amsoil for both) wd-40 the rear skid, spray down the engine with silicon spray (I hate that white chalky corrosion) remove all warning stickers and polish up the tunnel.
You can see your motor??

Capt.Storm said:
Mighty said:
You can see your motor??
Sure, after you take off everything :o|

Stupid question, are there grease zerks for the drive shaft and jack shaft bearings on the clutch side. I can't find them and I know my two Poo's have them. Thanks! :yam:

Back