• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex wheelies

Team Yami

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha apex gt
hey guys only guy in my group with a fourstroke and because of that a lot more weight all my 2 stroke friends will wheelie past me all day. What can I do to get mine to stand up straight? And ideas?

u cant unless u remove transfer rod totally, but if suspension couples to hard you will have too pryback apart with a bar!!or put nytro suspension in!!

Yeah I don't wanna have to do that!! Lol wheelie isn't worth not having a back for a day

I took transfer rod out for a day it was fun but its in there for w reason. Set your transfer rod to max go like hell and be the first across the lake and I'm sure everyone you ride with will be looking at your sled in a different way

ya expensive but worth it ,I ordered one from Hartman with custom helix for where I ride ,weight etc and think was about 400 or more us dollars,cant remember exact price was a few years ago,but very well made and have never had a problem since put in.tom Hartman very nice to deal with

Set transfer close to full transfer and she will come up easy
100_0630 (1).jpg

:D
hey guys only guy in my group with a fourstroke and because of that a lot more weight all my 2 stroke friends will wheelie past me all day. What can I do to get mine to stand up straight? And ideas?
Loosen up your limiter strap to full loose/or drill another hole to get more loose !

The reason it won't stand up has nothing to do with the weight really. Wheelies or rather trackies are a waste of forward movement and do not in anyway represent power etc, having said that they are for some reason thought to be cool and thought to represent hp. Three things for trackies are needed. Traction and a suspension set up for an over abundance of transfer then stand on the rearmost part of the running board, sticking your arse back as far as possible with of course your hands on the bars and hammer the throttle while tugging upward on the bars (takes a forward movement followed by a rearward movement at point of clutch engagement). You have the power of the fourstroke to help you but if you set your sled up to do trackies you may loose some acceleration and cornering ability. Or buy a 11 up Apex XTX!

loose u wont steer it, u cant get wheelies handeling, steering all in one with a mono, yamaha has never had great weight transfer imo in any sled including the 2 strokes, only one iv ridden that wheelies on demand is a nytro, it will wheelie without you jumping on the back and yanking on the bars, trying to get it to do things it cant do, it has the power but not the transfer wich equels traction

Last edited:
Thats what I really liked about my Warrior in 05. Rode Cats for years and the big 1000 tripple would stand at will. The Warrior however would hardly lift its ski's off the snow. It would however never surprise you in a corner either. No matter how hard you hit the throttle it would steer. Had a great launch as it kept all the track on the snow and while it would stretch out the A arms and just tease the snow with the carbides it never spun nor lost control. Just nice straight line launches. I got so used to it that when I got the Apex XTX I had to learn how to ride again or rather learn a bit more throttle control to not lift the ski's in a corner and wind up in the bush.

Big difference between ski's in the air transfer and perfect just dangling the ski's with the carbides still getting a bit of snow bite is control. The later is best the former looks cooler!

Back