• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

April 12, 2008 - Best Day Ever

Vmax4

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 FXNytro MTX 162 SE with a 270 hp MCX Turbo and assorted goodies!
Must say, Saturday April 12, 2008 was one of the best days ever!!!! Here is what the itinerary looked like for my wife and me:

8am - 3pm Snowmobiling 50 miles and having a Barb-Q at about 4,000 feet. Some fresh snow and many untracked areas. About 70 degrees at this elevation.

5pm Waterskiing on the Columbia River. River was a bit chilly, as it is mostly winter run off from the mountains, but it was close to 80 degrees out.

6pm - 9pm Going for a motorcycle ride and eating dinner on Lake Chelan.

Price of gas - killer ($3.65/gallon)
Sunburns - worth it
Having a wife that likes the same things you do - GRATEFUL
Doing everything you love in one day - PRICELESS

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC00007.JPG
    DSC00007.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 135

washington

it's nice to see you both happy, hope you and your wife have many more years to enjoy the sports together. have a great summer.

Thats awesome I almost don't like you lol : )
The fact that your better half goes with makes it that much better my wife of 30 years rides with me too it's great to be able to share multiple passions ;)!

I consider myself very fortunate that my wife goes sledding with me. Not only is it great to go riding with your wife, but when they like to ride, you really do get to ride more. We plan on making it a family hobby someday.

you have to wait til the evening.........

you are one luckey man congrats!! i like doing all of thoes things... but never dreamed on doing all in ONE day thats awsome, i am looking to get my girlfriend into sledding...eventually...probly when she becomes my wife.

Suggestion for getting a non-sledding female companion into the sport:

Make the first trip easy, combine it with something you already know she likes (weekend at a resort and spa-dinner at her favorite resturant-barb-q trailside-walk around the resort town). I think it is important to have a really good first impression.

With that said, here is what happen on HER first ride out ever....................... back in 2001:

We went for a night ride (first mistake). Conditions were extremely icy. We were living in NH. I had a 2002 SXViper. It was overheating left and right due to the trail conditions. So I have to ride a bit harder (or so I thought). She was riding a 1999 Vmax 500 (my moms sled). I left her in the dark in a new place (second mistake). Did I mention it was like 10 below zero (third mistake).

With that experience, I am surprised she even stayed with me, never mind want to go out again...... BUT, if I had it to do again, I would be much more thoughtful and really think about the other persons first experience snowmobiling, rather than what I want to get out of it. SO many times as an experienced rider, we just want to get out there and roll on as many miles as possible or go up and through extreme terrain. When taking someone new sledding, you have to leave your desires at the trailer.

OK, this sounds enough like an Oprah Story for one day. Maybe Dr. Phil can comment................

Back