• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are new A arms or spindles needed for trail riding an 09?

bluesman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
I see lots of folks have upgraded to new front ends and or upgraded spindles.

Speaking strictly for on trail riding are the folks doing this mostly owners with the first gen 08 front ends and that is the main reason?

I have an 09 xtx and my understanding is that my sled already has somewhat improved front end geometry and this really may not be needed especially for trail riding.

With that said I really want to improve the Nytro handling, as we all do. I am leaning towards possibly doing spindles and maybefox float shocks for about half of the cost of an entire front end with shocks.

Set up properly, your stock gytr clicker shocks will work just as well, if not better than a fox float. Just do some research on getting them revalved by a respected shop and some aftermarket multi-rate springs. I believe dual and triple rate springs are available from places like hygear. More expensive floats like evols are a whole different story though, but the price is a lot higher

Toyota is correct on the shocks. Gytr are a very good shock when built right for trail riding. However it also depends on how u ride. Idk if I would bother with a float model under the the evol, and the evol x is the one everyone raves about. I have the standard floats on my Rtx an not totally sold on them.

Front ends like the one mountain tech are developing seem like it may be a solution. I really like my spindle upgrade. And if buying shocks also it helps to get a set about 3/4" Longer with the spindles so ride hight doesn't change a ton but hanging is much improved. I would recommend one of those 2 routes. But again I wouldn't say either is nessasary.

My question is, are the people that are changing their front ends, mostly 2008 Nytro owners because of the old style geometry?

Speaking strictly as a trail rider why do folks with 09 or newer sleds replace spindles and A arms (other than broken)? Is there a big improvement?

I cant answer your question, but my 09 xtx with the stock front end (just put tuner skis on) is great.

Although it may be one of those things, where if I was to hop on someones sled who has a skinz kit or something...i may get jealous lol.

I changed my front end to the hd z bros front end totally different machine in the corners and on the trail way better handling you can lean on her more and give it to her...

Back