• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Are SnowTrackers really "Dangerous"?

brada said:
kidastra said:
cross at a 45 at slow speeds, most tracks are flush with the road, no issue with those, the ones sticking out can catch the trackers

kidastra said:
this is from the website
Attention when crossing railroad tracks, make sure that you stop before the tracks, then cross your skis over the tracks perpendicularly, facing the tracks, and at speeds of LESS THAN 10 KM/PH

Perpendicularly means at a 90* angle, not at a 45.

I know, I've crossing at 45, I read that perpendicular comment after I read I should be crossing at 90 ;)

Do the snowtrackers work with aftermarket skis or are you stuck with the stockers. Is it one of them things where its either flotation or grip?

kingtut said:
Do the snowtrackers work with aftermarket skis or are you stuck with the stockers. Is it one of them things where its either flotation or grip?

believe they fit on any single keel ski, I hear trackers with the mountain ski is a perfect match

kidastra said:
kingtut said:

believe they fit on any single keel ski, I hear trackers with the mountain ski is a perfect match

No, can not get snowtrackers for powderhounds, I use the yamaha MTX ski with snowtrackers.

Don't want to hijack the thread but it seems the OP already made up his mind.

I am stuck on which snowtrackers to buy, the semi or aggressive. I am not an aggressive rider so I was thinking about the semi aggressive but if the full aggressives are better in every aspect would they be the better choice? Is there a downside or dangerous effect of riding easy but having the aggressive snowtrackers?

Choosing semi or aggressive is the same as choosing betweeen 4" or 8' carbides.
You use the more aggressive carbide if you are studded or not.
I put a set of used Snowtrackers on my non studded Vector. They are worn down to the similar height of new semi aggressive height.
They work just fine. Even when I'm putzing around with the kids at lower speeds.

I put Skidoo Pilots on my sled, can I just add snowtrackers to them or do I have to go back to stock ski? I am pretty happy with the Pilots and from the sounds I would love snowtrackers I havent looked but if I could do it without changing skis I would like that.

steiner said:
Choosing semi or aggressive is the same as choosing betweeen 4" or 8' carbides.

The difference in carbide length between the aggressive and semi aggressive is only 1.5". Yes the aggressive runners protrude more, but I couldn't tell the difference between the 2 on my Apex. In fact when mine had wore through the carbide on my aggressive runners to below semi aggressive depth, I didn't notice it at all on the trails.In my opinion this was another reason I think they are such a great runner combination.
Only when I went to steer on concrete or asphalt, could I tell the carbide was missing. It wouldn't turn worth a damn.

Ok thank you Steiner.

Another question...sorry

With the snowtrackers I heard you hqve to set the toe to 0. People say to put a strap across the fron of the skis and set to 0. Are they just referring to the strap as a way to take the slop out of the skis when adjusting to 0?. Same as what people are doing when they use a Bunji chord? Just want to make sure im not missing something. Never set toe before

I noticed a huge difference between semi and aggressive trackers. Love the aggressive with my set up. Handles beautifully in any trail condition.

Back