• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARE YOU READY!!!

Phazer, nytro, RX1. They've all had problems. What has the viper really had wrong with it? Needed a reflash for starting, nothing new. A fuel line recall, five minute fix. Other than that been a pretty good release. If sit here and read the %1 of owners that bitch instead of provide information I could see how you would think it's been a bad sled.

So if i have bad knees i cant use a foward riding sled. I hope yamaha keeps building apex riding sleds to where you can stand up and stretch out my legs. These new sleds anymore i dont get a sore back anymore. So for a ac suspension i say it will get better the longer they work together. I think with those to working together gives us a better sled in the end isnt that what matters.
My 55 year old dad with bad knees and elbows bought a viper and sits down all the time. You can ride them without standing all day. He says it's the most comfortable sled he's ever owned.

Im not saying standing all day im just saying to stand or sit being able to stretch legs out instead of foward riding position.

Viper must be the worst
Phazer, nytro, RX1. They've all had problems. What has the viper really had wrong with it? Needed a reflash for starting, nothing new. A fuel line recall, five minute fix. Other than that been a pretty good release. If sit here and read the %1 of owners that bitch instead of provide information I could see how you would think it's been a bad sled.
The list is loong for all the problems the Viper has had and stil have.
And stil they are having problems with starters that breaks and that its not a little problem.

Breaks??? Never heard that one. Starters, ever read the nytro threads? Nothing new for this engine. And as I said before, your reading the gripes of %1 or less. Considering how many have been sold I'd say the probable a are pretty minimal. Time to go for a ride on my Basterd child AC, lol

Breaks??? Never heard that one. Starters, ever read the nytro threads? Nothing new for this engine. And as I said before, your reading the gripes of %1 or less. Considering how many have been sold I'd say the probable a are pretty minimal. Time to go for a ride on my Basterd child AC, lol
Yea you just go ride ;) Becouse you have no clue about the Vipers problem.

Every engine needs to be "fit" into a chassis new or old. You don't build a sled around an engine. And as for center of gravity, I don't see how anyone can say it's too high, that's part of a rider forward design. Ever ride an F7? Tippiest sled ever built, but very agile. I for one have to lean my sled out of a corner to lift a ski, I would say center of gravity is no problem. But then I've got 4000 miles on my viper and actually spent some time tuning my suspension. If you expect it to work for every rider out of the box your very wrong. They are set up to one spec all the same. I'm 225 dressed and needed to actually try a few things to get it right. And if you don't want another "reworked" cat, I think your going to be very disappointed in the 1st. Might be time to look elsewhere.

I think that it is the complete opposite. If you want a sled to be the "whole package", it all gets designed together, and the heart of a sled is the engine. That is what weighs the most and is one of the biggest influences on a sleds ergonomics. You also have to do so so they can withstand the power output properly. Do some reading on how Poo developed the Ayxs, they hit a home run with that one. I have rode an F7, but I think the most tippy sled ever is the Phazer, but that's neither here nor there. I had a '14 XF-9000, so I know all about the Pro Cross chassis and tuning it - that is part of the reason I don't own the sled anymore, as no matter what I tried, it didn't handle the way I wanted, and I thought the Viper was even worse. You are 100% correct, no sled works straight out of the box for everyone, but if it took you 4000 miles to dial yours in, something is wrong. It unfortunately takes me 2-3 years to get that mileage, and I don't have the patients to spend that long trying to make something work, so I applaud your dedication.

I can tell you that if what we get March 1st is a re-worked Viper, I certainly will be looking elsewhere. I will try out their "new sled", as well as what Poo & Doo bring to the table, all with realistic expectations. I love my current Yamaha's (which are from Japan) for their commitment to quality, engine performance, and longevity. Yamaha has compromised the quality with the Viper, and the other manufacturers have caught up in the engine department. They need to give me a reason to stay, as my brand loyalty has gone by the wayside.

Yea you just go ride ;) Becouse you have no clue about the Vipers problem.

The classic dealer line..."first time I have ever heard of this."

Viper problems are now ledgendary.

But we're not talking about Vipers....it's about 2017's.

8 seasons on a Nytro and from the start it was far from trouble free. 1500 trouble free miles on a 2015 Viper and without a doubt it's less fatiguing and better handling than any other Yamaha I've rode. I'm looking forward to what the Yamaha/Cat partnership has to offer and like the Nytro, I don't believe the current Delta Box II sleds are in their plans. It's time to move forward.

Last edited:

Back