• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Articulated rails on MP

jfaubin

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
tundra, but i would Venture mp
Hi,

Do you known if it possible to install an articulated rails like older venture 480 lt 151 on Venture MP?

No clue. Have no idea what they even look like. Anything is possible I guess. I doubt anyone else has done this so you would be on your own.

ok. it's weird! the Mp seem to be good machine, but with no aticulated rails is not good on big powder in Quebec for reverse mode! The old model from earlier 1990 have a very good articulated rail.

Realizing you are a Quebecer (comme moi mais je suis parfaitement bilingue :)), there might be a little language barrier. By articulated, do you mean that the rear of the rails are slightly tipped or bent up? I tried to find articulated rails and all I could find was a review of the 2013 Venture TF that mentions articulated rails but that's basically tip up rails.

My suggestion would be to get tip up rail extensions and a 159" track like Karl did in this thread:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/venture-mp-phazer-mtx.79848/

I believe the articulated rails are where the rails are shorter and the rear axle is mounted on a mini swing arm of sorts. It can be locked down for maximum floatation or allowed to hinge so when you are backing up the rear wheels pick up quite a bit and climb to the top of the snow instead of plowing.

It is what Lynx has on there Ranger and Yeti models.

yeti_army_600_e-tec_side-1024x768.jpg

It is what Lynx has on there Ranger and Yeti models.

yeti_army_600_e-tec_side-1024x768.jpg
That is the XU platform, I believe it is the same as the skandic, also on the expeditions and tundra I believe. As an accessory for the summits you can put on a whole new set of rails with articulating assembly built in. It looks like any tail landing would be brutal on the suspension.

Back