• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Atlanta/Hillman/Lewiston MI, Conditions

onlyblue

Lifetime Member
Hey guys... anyone interested, the conditions here are absolutely perfect. We rode from Atlanta, took the muskrat lake trail towards luzerne, then back up and around Lewiston, back to Atlanta today....

WOW!!!!! That is all i can say.... more snow than we have had in years this time of december. The off trail areas are at least 12-18 inches of good snow....

Did the Atlanta Elk Trail north up to the ElBo yesterday and towards Hillman the other day, Groomers are out and doing a great job!!! I would say conditions are better now than most of the year last year.

I will keep this updated throughout the year......

How are the conditions up in the Hillman area? Is there plenty of snow up around there? My family has hunting property there but we usually dont ride over there because the snow conditions are typically not as good. Let me know... I may plan a long trip and stay at the cabin.

Free lodging=more money for gas to ride, and no check out time! ;)!

Great!!! This has been the best december yet.... I would think if coming to HIllman you would want to head west towards Atlanta, Lewiston, of Millersburg areas... Going east out of Hillman heads you on the boring rr grade to Alpena.

There is plenty of snow, calling for more tonight!!

Anyone that comes this way, let me know, i may be available for some out of the way riding.....

Bad News..... The warm temps and rain on sunday have our trails a mess.... we lost a ton of snow, but fear not, more in the forecast.... i will update as it improves.

Definately keep us updated... I was planning on doing a mid week trip this week, going up there Wed morning. But that may be questionable now, will have to see how much of the forecasted snow actually falls today. Keep me posted! I appreciate it!

We got couple inches last night and snowing again today... looks like snow in the forecast every day.... trails should be better. More snow and they will be great again.... storm forcasted for the weekend.... lets hope!!!!!

As of today, Snow is falling, we have at least 6-8 of good fresh snow on top of a very solid base (icy), trails were groomed last night, and I would assume will be groomed nightly again.... I havent had a chance to get out since the new snow, but things should be A1!!! More snow falling right now, and another storm system predicted for christmas eve.

Just chance of rain for Sat now, other than that snow in forecast almost every day for the next 10 days......... we have plenty to survive a light chance of rain...... should be good riding, i hope to get out some on friday.....

Wow, sorry so long since an update.... this year had probably by far been the best snowmobiling here we have had in years. Trails are in very good to great condition, very hard and set up... we could use some snow to soften em up, but very nice.

FYI, the SCCA pro rally cars are in the county for the weekend, stage races on friday and sat, fun to watch, they are even having a closed course set up in a gravel pit on saturday. Fun break on the sleds.

Back