• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak won't start.

Brewer

My 06 attak sounded like it was either getting an exhaust leak or loosing a cylinder. It started and ran fine all day except it didn't have the punch it usually has and the sound from up front. This week I went to bring it home for the season and I woundn't start. It cranks and cranks but not even a hint of starting. Any Idea's?? Things to check?? No, It's not out of gas :)

There are many things it could be. Check to see if the fuel pump is working. You will hear it when you turn the ignition on. Check for blown fuses in two spots. First spot is above the chaincase and the second place is beside the battery on the starter relay. Test the stator if all those fuses are good.
There are quite a few "No Start" threads here which are worth the read to help diagnose your no start issue. Many cover different solutions for different failures.

I searched Won't Start and didn't get much. Thanks for the reply!! I'll check again.

First thing I would do is check for spark and fuel and then that will lead you in the right direction. If no spark start checking for loose ground and then look at threads about stator.

no start

if its the stator you should get a code, could be ground blocks in wiring harness or fuel relay.

Having same issue with my 2008 vector. wont start only backfires. I suspect pickup coil.

Probably fouled your plugs. $25 for a new set. I'd start there.

Thanks
I don't know because when it did start the cluster lights all started flashing including the lights that light up the cluster after that it quit and never started again. Have to recheck to see if I have spark and if not then it could be the pickup coil which is a ton of work to get at.

Back