• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak wont start

Burnzy07attak

Finally got sled out of the shed to start doing pre-season inspections and maitenence. Sled turned over yet wont start. I can hear the relay click but can't hear the fuel pump clicking? Ideas? is there a fuse or a relay i don't know about?

You have 4 relays above the left footwell (brake side) its most likly the culprit, I can't remember which 1 is it...you should be able to hear the fuel pump in the gas tank running when you 1st turn your key on take the gas tank cap off and listen closely, if you don't here anything check your relay and fuse...

Unless you know for sure the battery has a full charge, you could try jumping it. If it's turning over and the relay clicks, it's likely that it's just not turning over fast enough.

look for signs of mouse damage, they love wires.. It would be a good idea go have a full charge in the battery too....

Gas

If there is little or no gas in your tank, fill her up with frech gas.

I left mine with little gas over summer last year, and it would´t fire up
until i filled her up with new gas. The tank wasn´t empty.

This year i left it with full tank over summer, and it fired up direct.
Was just like i´ve been driving 15 min. ago.

/ Snoppy

thanks guys......left it with little gas in the tank......little worried about the mouse idea......

i sucked the old gas out of the tank....put 3 gallons of fresh in the tank. charged battery all day.

need to check the relays....still haven't heard the fuel pump start clicking.....makes me think its a fuse/relay or the dreaded mouse problem

relay for your fuel pump is above left foot well. i think it should be the second one on the outside, there are four of them and three are identical(or 2). simply switch them and try to turn the ignition in the on position(dont turn the motor) and listen for the fuel pump. If you can hear it, you found your problem.

Relays are like so from seat outwards,

#1 = Radiator Fan Motor
#2 = Load Relay
#3 = Head Light
#4 = Fuel Injection System

As per service manual.

Back