• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Back Country cut down to 1.5"??

radianguy

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha FX NYTRO XT Express
I have been reading posts where people have cut down their 2"+ tracks to 1.75 and so on, has anybody cut down a 1.75 Back Country to 1.5"?

The reason I ask is because I love the Back Country for it's stiff design and want better off trail traction, however I do not want to remove my tunnel protectors. I also have an under tunnel exhaust and I am afraid the 1.75" will rub, anyway, has anybody done this? Thoughts?

I have a 1.75" and I am noticing several lugs under the tunner protectors are sliced by about 1/4". I will have to trim this up. Other than that, the track seems glued to the ground. I only have 30 miles on 8-12" of powder on hard pack, but so far so good.

Everyone I talk to says you need to remove the tunnel protectors to run 1.75 track. I would love to put the BC on mine but do not want to grind on my heat exchanger. Let me know how it works out once you trim your lugs down.

I will let you know, but I am also running non-stock drivers. That might make the difference. The only triming I would do is on the lugs that come in contact with the tunnel protectors.

Yikes I would not cut that track down it's too sweet. It's no big deal to cut those tunnel protectors out but if you don't want to do that put a 1.5" Intense track on.

Just my .0198 cents (my opinion is in CDN funds)

I would love to put the 1.75 Back Country on, but I do not want to grind the protectors off and I have an under tunnel exhaust and I fear it would touch. I haven't heard too much about the intense, is it similar to the BC?

From a quick search it does not come in a 144" there is my dilemma!

I ran the Back Country for approximately 70mi this week-end, without removing the tunnel protectors (only removed the exchanger protectors), and it does not seem to hit anywhere. Will tell you with more mile on it. I would say, put it in, drive it and if it hit, it is not a big deal to pull out the skid and remove the protectors.

track

radianguy
the intense does come in a 144" I have it installed on my RX warrior that I have stretched to 144..great in powder can keep up with other sleds
just installed the 1.75" backcountry on the son's nytro xtx..he has 150km on sled and has lugs damaged and 2 missing already..protectors are removed stock drivers...not alot of room left underneath..he luvs the sled with the new track,skis,fox floats..

cheers

According to my "dealer" there's a new track out similar to the BC with a 1.6" lug. It's supposed to be the new Plug & Play track for the XTX's.

1300km on the backcountry and i kept the tunnel protectors. The track is like new and do not hit the protectors.

Is anyone running studs in there BC. I can get a good deal on a BC that is from a snowcross sled with no miles.
I have stock drivers as far as I know. How can I verify if I have stock drivers. 3rd owner

I've never heard of anyone having problems with a track that has been cut done. BC should not be any different

Back