• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bagger trip advise

I've bought an Ontario 3-day pass both times we rode over to Dryden. We never got stopped and I never saw anyone checking passes. My view is that clubs spend a lot of time and money making their trails rideable so I always buy a pass.

Given that you guys are south of Winnipeg, you could always ride down to Baudette, over to I-Falls, then ride down to Tower. From Baudette to Tower, it is about 250 miles and a nice day ride. There are two options from I-Falls to Tower; ride the lakes (Rainy, Kabetogama, Namakin, Crane, Vermilion) or you can take the Arrowhead trail. Both are fun. Below are a couple of links that might help.

Minnesota State Trail Maps

Voyeager Trail Map System

I think I make the some noises as Joe LOL.

jen and i do some touring every year. this year was the longest we have gone bagging for. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight= i try to pack light. clean socks for every day, clean drawers, extra sweatshirt or underarmor type shirt for tose really cold days. dress in layers when leaving, if you get warm you can take one off, cold add one. always a swimsuit! i always forget shoes! lol... end up walking around in my sled boots in the evening!lol....1 pair of jeans is enough for me, just the ones i am wearing when i leave.gps on sled at all times and other than that just the basics. i never carry extra slides or bars. make sure they are good when you leave and if they get bad stop at a dealed and have new ones put on! rather pay them than fight with trying to fix in a parking lot without the proper tools.
the old lady brought new saddle bags this year and they are much bigger than the yammy ones. none the less she used every ounce of space she could on hers. i think she even brought her hair dryer! ...... women!

Attachments

• IMG_0600 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0600 (Small).JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 74
4) I used to pack clothes in zip-lock bags but I don't anymore as they never get wet

The one advantage to using zip locks is you can compress the clothes alot and lock the air out thus allowing more room. I carry a crank light, and tools too. the first year i took a syphon, but never got close to needing it so it stays home. I put a 12 v plug on the sled and always take my cell phone plug. A lot of phones will draw in better reception with a little extra power. The last must have is a camera, because someone WILL do something dumb. LOL Maxdlx

BLUEBALLER said:
Hey Matt,

We haven't ventured into Ontario before. Do you know if they are still sticky on having an Ontario pass? Or are we good to go up till a certain point. I've heard conflicting reports on this, just wondering.

We weren't planning on heading that way, but nothings been ironed out yet. LOTS of time to plan this one.

Joe's got sled fever so bad his wife has caught him making sled noises at night since he bought the 4 stroker. lol

Also - I think there's a new Yammie dealership going up in Lac du Bonnet. Lucky us!!

Hey Blueballer

Passes are needed in Ontario. In their wisdom they have done away with the three day pass of 90 bucks and now sell a week pass for 120 bucks. I think Falcon Lake sells Ontario Passes at the service station beside the trail. You can get them at the Husky in Kenora but they do not mark the trails anywhere in the Kenora boundries now.

The town council decided that having unmarked and umaintained trails in the city limits would promote more snowmobile tourism. Lets just say that the people in charge of Kenora are out to lunch.

To say they never check is incorrect as I have been out on trail patrol and caught 9 sleds with no passes out every 60 sleds checked. Kenora has blitzes on during poker derbys and has trained up a few trail wardens for random use.

If you do come into Ontario you must run the pipeline trail from Kenora to Stewart Lake. Matt loves this trail! If you plan to come to Dryden let me Know and I will meet you. I also have GPS tracks of all the trails in Garmin format if you want them.

Tell Joe that not to fear I have been caught on my sled in the garage making those same noises in the summertime. Not lately as I now lock the door.

maxdlx said:
Swiss Sledder said:
4) I used to pack clothes in zip-lock bags but I don't anymore as they never get wet
The one advantage to using zip locks is you can compress the clothes alot and lock the air out thus allowing more room.
Spot on Max. I got a little too anxious in my first post. I still use a zip-lock bag for my underwear because as you say, you can compress the air out. Good catch.

Sasquatch said:
Passes are needed in Ontario. In their wisdom they have done away with the three day pass of 90 bucks and now sell a week pass for 120 bucks. I think Falcon Lake sells Ontario Passes at the service station beside the trail. You can get them at the Husky in Kenora but they do not mark the trails anywhere in the Kenora boundries now.
Charlie is correct, the service station in Falcon Lake sells Ontario trail passes. The Yamaha dealers in Winnipeg also sell them and will pre-date the trail pass for when you plan to ride.

Awsome stuff guys...

that ontario run sure sounds good

My wife has caught me doing a few things...but I refuse to stop making sled sounds

Back