• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ball joints

My stealer called me this afternoon and said my bushings where in. I'm like what bushings, I've picked up all the parts I ordered. She said they where the parts I ordered in September. I'm like don't worry about it I got some from Ulmer about 2 months ago. Like I'm going to wait for 4 months

If you talking aboit ball joints, i have a the lower ball joint kit from NCI. Very nice kit and went together easy, and best of all, the lower ball joint is tight again! For the upper ball joint, i dont know of anything for them. I think you just have to replace them. Im not sure if there is a better aftermarket option for them either.

SledToyz sells the NCI lower ball joints for Canadians but I'm not sure that's what we're discussing here.

Ball joint kit goes in the lower control arm at the spindle (doohickey the ski is attached to).

Ulmers bushing kit goes into the inner pivot points of the control arms (the area that rotates when the arms move up and down).

ok thanks for clarifying. my dealer has the a-arm bushings in stock. i can get the lower ball joint from sled toyz. what are my options for the upper ball joints?

To my knowledge, there are no options for the uppers, Yamaha parts needed. I know some guys have been looking around for an option but I don't recall seeing one yet.

IMO I believe we'll have to have a upper ball joint machined with a replacable bearing or some type of machining to the existing ones and have something similar to the replacable lowers. The initial cost shouldn't be more than a stock replacement set.

Back