• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barker Exhaust

You may want to do a search....I can garauntee to aren't getting anywhere near those gains off of a slip on.

shaddow44 said:
You may want to do a search....I can garauntee to aren't getting anywhere near those gains off of a slip on.
Ya thanks for the advice, did a search and not much info on the Barker.

shaddow44 said:
It's fairly well known that this slip on will only produce those type of numbers if installed with other mods like an intake kit and fuel controller. Don't be duped, most of us know there are hidden ponies in our Nytro's.

Here's a read from a few years ago about some dyno results and a Barker. There's is very little dyno info on this muffler, regardless it will not make anywhere near 12hp even with an intake mod and fuel controller. Any quality slipon willl make 3-4hp at best..add filters and fuel and you may get 8hp. To make 12hp gains you need a full exhaust, intake mod and fuel..pretty much fact with tons of dyno support.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... rkers+dyno

my buddy has a slip on barker and my sled was stock at the time.. there was no difference in the sled so the 12 hp gain is bogus.

I didn't think I was going to get 12hp gain, if I get a few hp and shave 12lbs and sounds sweet I'm happy. I did get the silencer also.

sharky007 said:
I didn't think I was going to get 12hp gain, if I get a few hp and shave 12lbs and sounds sweet I'm happy. I did get the silencer also.

Good luck getting buy a stop check in Ontario unnoticed....94db with a noise reducer on the Barker. Snowtrax TV installed one on a Nytro a few years ago. They claimed they never trail rode it but I saw them unload in Pembroke one day...I could here that sled Idleing across a busy highway.

Barker and Schmidt Bros. both used my sled to design their exhaust. Barkers is smaller and lighter with a deeper rumble. Schmidt Bros. is dual exit with a higher pitch more like an Indy Car, heavier built with more quality. I have 4 years and 14,000 miles on Schmidt Bros. and it is still in excellent shape. We put the Barker on my buddies sled and the only problem we did have was blowing the packing out. I believe do Schmidt Bros. are closer on HP numbers.

I have the Barkers Exhaust. I wouldn't say the HP gain is anything to write home about but the weight loss was noticable. Not to mention it sounds awesome. I don't have to worry about DB levels where I live so I could care less if its loud.

I run the Barker with an EHS Bullet Box. 12 hp, no. Is there a gain, yes. It's quality workmanship, fit well. It's loud, but has a nice sound. Reducer helps but also decreases performance. I have had to repack it, but its easy.

HRD2PLZ said:
I run the Barker with an EHS Bullet Box. 12 hp, no. Is there a gain, yes. It's quality workmanship, fit well. It's loud, but has a nice sound. Reducer helps but also decreases performance. I have had to repack it, but its easy.

How often do you have to repack?

I didn't have to, I just did. Seemed like it was getting louder. But anyway, once in 3 seasons. I don't run the reducer either, tried it but didn't like it.

Back