• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

belt removal???

pudge

is there a tool to remove the drive belt on a 2006 nytro?? is there an aftermarket exhaust for this sled?
i have tried to remove the belt but it is too tight and i could not twist the secondary clutch to open it either. my sled is stock and want to give it some spunk also, what would you guys recommend? i have raced polaris for the last 7 years and this is my first 4-stroke , any help would great. thanks.

pudge said:
is there a tool to remove the drive belt on a 2006 nytro?? is there an aftermarket exhaust for this sled?
i have tried to remove the belt but it is too tight and i could not twist the secondary clutch to open it either. my sled is stock and want to give it some spunk also, what would you guys recommend? i have raced polaris for the last 7 years and this is my first 4-stroke , any help would great. thanks.

I think Bender Racing makes one or they did. Change the gears for more top end. And it just takes a lot of piss and vinegar to open them.

I made two using a piece of pipe/metal approx. 1/2" long x 1.?? id, and a washer. See pics.

CopyofIMG_0077.jpg

CopyofClutchTool.jpg

pudge said:

Give Allan Ulmer a call, and talk to him about one of his clutch kits. I have one in my '06 Nytro, very happy with it.

canadianhunter said:
I made two using a piece of pipe/metal approx. 1/2" long x 1.?? id, and a washer. See pics.

CopyofIMG_0077.jpg

CopyofClutchTool.jpg
that is a good idea, i 'm working a system like yours now thanks.
i pulled out my rear suspension and my inner wheels looked like the were melted and my bracket were the center shock mounts up too is bent. kinda looks like my studs rubbed on the inner wheels so much they melted and were deformed. gonna have to order a new H-bracket and track and use a different stud pattern. are the inner wheel a common problem?

pudge said:
canadianhunter said:

i pulled out my rear suspension and my inner wheels looked like the were melted.

Are the inner wheel a common problem?

Short answer, Yes.

Bearings seem to need grease more often than outers.

pudge said:
is there a tool to remove the drive belt on a 2006 nytro??

Yes, there is:

http://richmotorsports.com/store/view_p ... YAMKCHSW37

This is where I got mine and I love it (you would get the "Vector" tool.) Unfortunately it's currently out of stock here. Pretty cheap solution, there may be others available out there of similar design.

You cant push in the secondary and twist it backwards then hold? Mine is so easy and I have a HD spring for the extra power of the supercharger. I'm no beefcake either. There is a slight trick to it. Pushing in on the helix then rotating makes it much easier. I tried just rotating it back and it wouldn't move.

It was funny last trip (I ride with all doos) and a new XP blew a belt (imagine that) and the guy got out thier little tool and was so happy how it was just this great littel gadget that made it so easy and took about 3 mins to change. Well later on down the trail my fuel pump quit and I had to get towed and I removed the belt first in literally 2 seconds and he said "well that was easy!" LOL

Push first with Right hand, then rotate back sheave (closest to engine) with Left hand to get seperation, then keep pushing on helix with right hand and remove belt with Left hand.

kinger said:
You cant push in the secondary and twist it backwards then hold? Mine is so easy and I have a HD spring for the extra power of the supercharger. I'm no beefcake either. There is a slight trick to it. Pushing in on the helix then rotating makes it much easier. I tried just rotating it back and it wouldn't move.

It was funny last trip (I ride with all doos) and a new XP blew a belt (imagine that) and the guy got out thier little tool and was so happy how it was just this great littel gadget that made it so easy and took about 3 mins to change. Well later on down the trail my fuel pump quit and I had to get towed and I removed the belt first in literally 2 seconds and he said "well that was easy!" LOL

Push first with Right hand, then rotate back sheave (closest to engine) with Left hand to get seperation, then keep pushing on helix with right hand and remove belt with Left hand.

Going to have to try mine again, thought I was doing it right but if you say a few seconds and it is off, then I am obviously doing something wrong.

Wearing gloves helps otherwise it can hurt the hands. In the end you should have the belt laying on your right hand wrist after its popped off, then just get it out of the primary. Getting out between the side panel and primary usually takes me longer LOL.

kinger said:
Wearing gloves helps otherwise it can hurt the hands. In the end you should have the belt laying on your right hand wrist after its popped off, then just get it out of the primary. Getting out between the side panel and primary usually takes me longer LOL.

Thanks for tips, going to give er another try this wknd. ;)!

Belt removal! Grab the belt with your left hand and while pulling up on the belt push in and at a slight angle with the cam and you should be able to just pull the belt over the shiv tword's you, You can also put a 12 mm wrench on one of the stud's that bolt the cam in and use the wrench to twist the cam. Two second job. kviper

is there any stronger shafts for the rear suspension of a 06 nytro? the main shaft that connects the center and rear shocks to the pivoting system was bent towards the rear. are the stock shafts mild steel or high grade?
should i just buy 2007 parts?

pudge said:
is there any stronger shafts for the rear suspension of a 06 nytro? the main shaft that connects the center and rear shocks to the pivoting system was bent towards the rear. are the stock shafts mild steel or high grade?
should i just buy 2007 parts?

Pudge, start a new thread, you will receive a lot more hits I'm sure.

To get the belt off the secondary just use a rubber strap wrench around the movable secondary sheave turn to open then remove belt . I carry one in my trunk . You can pick them up at menards cheap!

Back