• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom Triple Points setup on Yamaha Mtn skis 06 RS Nytro

Bradford

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
06 RS Nytro
I just received my new Bergstrom Triple points. Ordered them last Monday and received them this Monday morning in NB Canada so no complaints there! They came with shims and 1/4" ski-savers. My question has to do with the spacers that enable you to widen or narrow your ski stance on the mountain skis. Should I leave them in the center, widen the stance or narrow the stance. I spend 90% of my time on trail. The triple points are 8" and I have a 144" track with 2 studs per paddle down the middle and every 3rd paddle not studded

Brad

Re: Bergstrom Triple Points setup on Yamaha Mtn skis 06 RS N

Bradford said:
I just received my new Bergstrom Triple points. Ordered them last Monday and received them this Monday morning in NB Canada so no complaints there! They came with shims and 1/4" ski-savers. My question has to do with the spacers that enable you to widen or narrow your ski stance on the mountain skis. Should I leave them in the center, widen the stance or narrow the stance. I spend 90% of my time on trail. The triple points are 8" and I have a 144" track with 2 studs per paddle down the middle and every 3rd paddle not studded

Brad

I don't understand how the skisavers can widen a stance. You just put them on under the skegs. Thats it. I would think that you have a good ski setup for trail and some off trail. Why the yammie mountain skis, I thought most riders complained about them not floating.

Re: Bergstrom Triple Points setup on Yamaha Mtn skis 06 RS N

Indy said:
I don't understand how the skisavers can widen a stance. You just put them on under the skegs.
You missed my point. The "skis" are adjustable enabling you to make the stance wider or narrower. I think a lot of mountain skis are made this way

Indy said:
Why the yammie mountain skis, I thought most riders complained about them not floating.
You missed my question. I'm looking for input as to the effect of changing the stance, not how well yammie skis float. However, they do float about 100% better than stock and they steer in the powder about 100% better than the Pilot's that they replaced ;)!

Wow, I'm impressed! One week to get them? My experiences has been quite the opposite. Maybe the lack of snow this winter has aftermarket distributors caught up to demand.

If you're a trail rider, there's no harm in widening your ski stance. It should provide better stability and reduce inside ski lift in the corners. With mountain riding, you should narrow the ski stance for tipping the sled over in the powder.

Yep, one week. They actually shipped the same day I ordered them... :Rockon:

My thinking is the same as yours so I decided to leave them in the center. Probably the best overall

Brad

I had no idea the skis would adjust that way. How is this done?

I had the Pioneer Perf. wide front end kit (a arms) on my sled until one folded last season. The wider the stance the better the RX performed on and off trail.

Uh Brad, If you ride 90% trail, then I would assume you would want the better handling set up. So I must BE MISSING YOUR POINT, why would you want to leave them in the middle instead of widening your stance.

My Point; of course widening your stance is better for a 90% trail rider.

Indy said:
Uh Brad, If you ride 90% trail, then I would assume you would want the better handling set up. So I must BE MISSING YOUR POINT, why would you want to leave them in the middle instead of widening your stance.

My Point; of course widening your stance is better for a 90% trail rider.

I guess I should have qualified that statement. Lately, I've been riding trail 90% of the time because of the lack of snow...

Back