• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bff - Use Caution

Master of Faster

Lifetime Member
I recently purchased a 136 mono suspension from member bff. The skid was described as in excellent condition with 3k miles.

When received, I found multiple junk bearings, bent wheels, and a poorly re-welded front arm. It clearly has more than 3k miles. It was also poorly re-painted (I believe just prior to sale) as evident by overspray on components (wheels, bumpers, shock shaft).

The price was decent enough that I am keeping the skid and will fix it up, but if you are looking to buy, be aware. His definition of excellent condition may be different than yours.

Wish one would ask me about an issue before posting it here. No I did not do any touch up on the skid before selling it. again if one has an issue, it is usually best done one on one before putting it on a forum. If you feel that you were left with a sour taste, now I have the same. Yes I thought it was a good used skid with a true 3k on, and I still have the speedo to prove it.

bff, I didn't contact you because I wasn't looking for any sort of a reparation. I'll fix the skid up and use it. Just using this section of the forum for its intended purpose. Here is a picture of the wheels which have the overspray on them, including the outer diameter which lead me to believe they were painted after being removed from a sled for the last time, otherwise this would have been worn off by the track. I removed the wheels because all 4 bearings were almost entirely seized.

Maybe you acquired it in this condition? If that is the case, I apologize for any implied accusations and would just suggest that you check out what you are selling a little closer in the future. I can see how the cracked rail, broken cable, and welded arm could have been missed if the history of the skid wasn't entirely known.

If you want to discuss further, feel free to shoot me a PM.

This skid was not off a personal sled of mine. I bought the machine for parts as I needed for another project. I look at it briefly to see the condition. Obviously someone using might look at it more closer than I, but I do my best. I my personal experience with these sled and others, bearings are probably needing replacement at that, and idlers get pretty roughed up, as they are wear items. IMO I look at the arms, shocks, and rails which all looked good. I still don't even know what would be painted that color, so I have no idea.

Obviously your not happy with it, as your taking the time to post stuff about it in a negative light. I would prefer you send the skid back. I just don't need this. Or it might be its in your nature never to be happy with anything you buy. Could be multiple things leading to this. to ask for no refund or anything, but to post a negative comment seeing how easy it is to get a hold of people these days, doesn't make sense.

Here is a message to anyone turned off by his feedback: if you don't like, then send it back. Gladly take it back as having someone pissed up off just isn't worth it.

but to post something for many to see which has a negative effect directly onto me, which you didn't contact me one on one prior. I have no tolerance for that. I not going to reply anymore to this thread. I just want to make it be known to anyone that reads it that I'm willing to talk to my buyers if I sell anything. I wasn't given the opportunity, so it comes this. At this point its in my best interest to leave it alone.

Last edited:
The reason for this post was to suggest to others to ask very detailed questions if purchasing from you, because I feel the condition of my item was grossly different than the description.

Your chance to avoid this situation was lost when you sold an item that you failed to inspect and then provided an inaccurate description of. My interest here is only in other TY members, not in your feelings.

please just return the suspension and let it rest.

The returning of stuff as a pita. who pays the shipping and lost time?He had no interest in shipping it back.Maybe he should have contacted you, what were you going to do? send hime a check for new parts? send him parts?

lost time? really? think about that anything you return something to walmart, think they aren't losing wages and time? can discuss it all day long if ya want. All I'm saying is if you buy something from me and don't like it, then i'll take it back. Better than saying go f yourself. Plz talk to the person before posting something about them. I sell all my items at a good condition items at a fair price. If your Mr. anal, then I'd prefer you to buy somewhere else, or better yet, buy new.

Just for those who have taken suspensions apart, I'm sure most bearing are shot or are close to needing replacement at 3k. they are a WEAR item. When i say 3k on the skid, it will have 3k of wear, and yes it can be in excellent condition for a skid with 3k on it. Will it look like a skid new, of course not. On my own sleds, I've replaced them at less than 2k. On yami, I've had the slides, and all bogies go to heck at 1k. Sorry yami's just wear more than any other manufacture rear skid from my experience. If you want to go through things with a find tooth comb, best to go there and inspect the item yourself. Master of Faster asked 0 questions, so how did I know he wanted a new skid?

btw I sold a mono skids complete for 400 shipped. not a rusted out skid. pretty good from what I see others listing them for.

The price is why I kept the skid and decided to fix it. Doesn't change the fact that you said it was in excellent condition and it was received with:

-cracked rail
-cracked and poorly repaired front arm
-2 badly bent wheels
-6 seized bearings
-broken RA cable
-silver overspray on every part of the skid

Again, I understand you delivered the product and have showed willingness to take it back. I did not create this thread to tell others not to buy from you, only to ask very detailed questions before doing so, because I feel you described the item inaccurately.

You have to look at the context here. You had 2 posts on this website when I bought the skid from you, so regardless how you handled the issue after sale, I still felt the need to let the TY community know of a new member who is posting parts for sale with questionable descriptions.

lost time? really? think about that anything you return something to walmart, think they aren't losing wages and time? can discuss it all day long if ya want. All I'm saying is if you buy something from me and don't like it, then i'll take it back. Better than saying go f yourself. Plz talk to the person before posting something about them. I sell all my items at a good condition items at a fair price. If your Mr. anal, then I'd prefer you to buy somewhere else, or better yet, buy new.

Just for those who have taken suspensions apart, I'm sure most bearing are shot or are close to needing replacement at 3k. they are a WEAR item. When i say 3k on the skid, it will have 3k of wear, and yes it can be in excellent condition for a skid with 3k on it. Will it look like a skid new, of course not. On my own sleds, I've replaced them at less than 2k. On yami, I've had the slides, and all bogies go to heck at 1k. Sorry yami's just wear more than any other manufacture rear skid from my experience. If you want to go through things with a find tooth comb, best to go there and inspect the item yourself. Master of Faster asked 0 questions, so how did I know he wanted a new skid?

btw I sold a mono skids complete for 400 shipped. not a rusted out skid. pretty good from what I see others listing them for.

Are you parting out sleds?

sorry no. as stated in a prior post I purchased the machine for a project of mine. selling what I didn't use. if looking for parts try barn of parts seems to have everything you'd need.

I don't intend to sell much, but would like to get rid of crap I don't need. like to keep the spiders and cobwebs out the garage, so I price the stuff to sell.

just don't need anyone to not buy anything cuz of a feedback wrote by someone when they don't contact you first about. just not how I do things at least.

sorry if I don't post anything, long time reader first time lister. I have seen how discussion really work out on here, so I stay away. I only posting to defend myself, which I have every right to do.

Last edited:
Im just gonna chime in, and say if you dont believe you did anything wrong, then why do you need to defend yourself?? The point of this buyer/seller feedback is for exactly this. I wouldnt buy a roof shingle for a dog house from you, just based on how youve tried to defend yourself, on something that is totally obvious. You sold buddy something that wasnt properly described. Whether you did it intentionally or UN-intentionally, you still sold him a wrongly described part. if anything, youd keep your mouth shut, let people make there own judgement on it, and keep selling parts, and if you arnt parting sleds out, and just trying to get rid of a couple things, then why does it matter? Your only making your rep look worst by acting a fool over spilled milk.

my .02 is there is no way i would have ever discribed that skid as exellent or even good based on the pics. I would call it fair at best to avoid this whole mess. I dont agree with not contacting the seller first as it could have been an honest mistake. but thanks to this on going argument I can clearly see the seller didnt make a mistake he thought the discription fit the part because the price was right. I think that is not okay, but I also would request pictures before i bought it if it was that important to me too. so the ball has been dropped many times here on both sides. no good will come from this post continuing. If I were a mod I would lock it down. sounds like the buyer is keeping the part and i hope the seller will look closer at what he posts for sale in the future and all who read this post will learn that pictures are priceless on a over the net used product sale.

I noticed the sellers later discription was different while defending her self, discribing it as crap in the first place may have been helpful. Im putting a new track under my 03 rx1 with 3300 miles on it and cant find a wheel or bearing to replace.

Back