• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Big boy spring 4 2007 Attak. Which one do I need?

cmharcou

Expert
I weight 193lbs. dressed probably over 200. last year my Attak would constantly bottom out on the trails. looking for a spring that won't bottom out. It has gotten worst over the past few years of riding. Do I need a new shock rebuilt or the spring? or both? What part numbers do I need? Where do I get them at?

Thanks

cmharcou said:
I weight 193lbs. dressed probably over 200. last year my Attak would constantly bottom out on the trails. looking for a spring that won't bottom out. It has gotten worst over the past few years of riding. Do I need a new shock rebuilt or the spring? or both? What part numbers do I need? Where do I get them at?

Thanks

Have you ever had the shock serviced or rebuilt? If not, then you're way overdue imo as that is more than likely the reason?

I am around 200Lbs dressed and I still have my shock set on the first clip! Have your shock rebuilt after you tell the rebuilder your weight and riding style and I am sure your bottoming out will disappear. ;)!

Definitely need a revalve/rebuild. The spring is more for ride height, the valving controls the ride. I personally like Hygear. If your shock has the stock valving, once you get it revalved, if will feel like you put in a different suspension

guardrail said:
Definitely need a revalve/rebuild. The spring is more for ride height, the valving controls the ride. I personally like Hygear. If your shock has the stock valving, once you get it revalved, if will feel like you put in a different suspension

X 2 ;)!

spring

I had the same issues with my Apex..I sent shock out for a rebuild and whern reinstalled it I set clip in second groove and number three on the cam...I am 220lbs before dressing for the ride and I do not bottom out the skid since I have done this..

Nick1945 said:
guardrail said:

X 2 ;)!
X3, except I went with pioneer. Very happy, and was cheaper. Really have no experience with others, but way better than stock now.

I went with Bruce at Pioneer last summer, and this last winter was the best riding (in a short period of time) that I can remember.
I weigh in at 230 dressed, and Bruce recommended the new spring along with the re-valve. Love my GT!

I weigh in at 250lbs dressed and had Bruce at Pioneer put in a Big Boy spring and revalve and it made a big difference.
If you adjusted the C clip and Take up you'd be better but at the edge of needing the spring.
Call Bruce and tell him how much you weight etc. Yami has different size Big Boy springs.

Back