• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bigger wheels

How many guys have put the bigger wheels on to reduce the hifax wear?? Those who have... have you noticed a big improvement in wear?? And did you put on doo wheels or Polaris wheels... ?? Thanks

wheels

Have had doo wheels on now for the last 5234 miles on the same set of slides and they may last this season also.09 fx 7171 miles so far.Cut the slide wear to almost nothing.

wheels

Have had doo wheels on now for the last 5234 miles on the same set of slides and they may last this season also.09 fx 7171 miles so far.Cut the slide wear to almost nothing.

Have the SBE bigger wheel kit as well as the 4th wheel. Have read nothing but excellent reviews about them. This will be my first year running the whole kit itself.

Ran Excell X-Wheels and 4th wheel after initial hyfax change @700 Km's. Did another 1800 Km's after that with virtually ZERO wear. BIG improvement, plus she rolls easier. No brainer!

I did Polaris wheels on my '08 RTX and had no issues. I might add that was some pretty serious SNIRT riding at the end of the season here in Iowa.

I changed to doo wheels on the outside and excel x wheels on the inside by front shock. First slides lasted 300km and replacements have 1400km with no issues.

So if i go to the doo or Polaris dealer what wheels do i get or ask for??? Anybody have a part # for either dealer ? And is that collar seperate or does that come with or do I use the one i took off, and is it part of the wheel or are they 2 seperate pieces??? thanks..

The X-wheels I believe are actually cheaper than Doo or Poo wheels and they're the precise size for bearings. The others are like 2mm bigger.

Wheels

I did the Polaris wheel upgrade last year and was suprised to see I had better than a 1/3 of my hyfax left after putting on over 2000 miles last year.

Here is a link to the process i followed:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... dler+wheel

I found a great used set of 4 wheels on Ebay for $25 and when it was all said and done I had less then $50 total and an hour into the whole upgrade.

Strongly recommend it!

Kope

bitchnblue09 said:
So if i go to the doo or Polaris dealer what wheels do i get or ask for??? Anybody have a part # for either dealer ? And is that collar seperate or does that come with or do I use the one i took off, and is it part of the wheel or are they 2 seperate pieces??? thanks..

Just get the Excel wheels and be done with it, direct bolt on items. ;)!

or go to mfgsupply.com and order the black kimpex pros for half the price and bolt on.
I did 4 pros on outside, 2 excells on inside.
i think the rubber on the pros is too wide to ride between the track nubs...so i ordered 2 of those expensive models.

Put Doo wheels on my 09 xtx in 2010 going onto my 3rd season this year same sliders.

Back