• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bikeman adjustable weights with MPI sea level

Threeman03

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha sr viper ltx LE
has anyone ever used the Bikeman 60-70 g adjustable weights with magnets in their sr viper with MPI turbo kit?
If so what set up did you find works best for weights?
Heel? Mid ? Toe ? Added weights amounts?

Last edited:

I have just started to use these and have no real baseline yet. I have one magnet in each position and I am trying to figure out the best primary spring to go with.

I have just started to use these and have no real baseline yet. I have one magnet in each position and I am trying to figure out the best primary spring to go with.
I have zero magnets in now with 47 deg helix
And stock springs. I was thinking about adding 1 to heel and tip.

I started with a B-S-B stock spring with 1 magnet in each position and it was under-reving pretty bad with horrible throttle response so I thru in a G-W-G and it was better but still low on rpm. My selection of Yamaha primary springs is a bit limited (ran Drag-n-Fly weights/springs in my Nytro for many years). Most of the Yamaha springs I have are from my SRX and OG Viper days so they are higher preload for 2-stroke engagement. I ended up throwing in a Super Torquer black spring for the hell of it and now I am hitting the limiter pretty bad. I think a Yamaha P-P-P spring might be a good starting spot.

I am currently running the stock pink sec spring @ 6-1 with a 54-45 helix.

I started with a B-S-B stock spring with 1 magnet in each position and it was under-reving pretty bad with horrible throttle response so I thru in a G-W-G and it was better but still low on rpm. My selection of Yamaha primary springs is a bit limited (ran Drag-n-Fly weights/springs in my Nytro for many years). Most of the Yamaha springs I have are from my SRX and OG Viper days so they are higher preload for 2-stroke engagement. I ended up throwing in a Super Torquer black spring for the hell of it and now I am hitting the limiter pretty bad. I think a Yamaha P-P-P spring might be a good starting spot.

I am currently running the stock pink sec spring @ 6-1 with a 54-45 helix.

54/45 seems extremely steep. I tried a 50/46 and 51/43 with my turbo last year, both of them just wanted to shift too quick and didn't have enough adjustment on the weights to make it work and rpm were always a bit low. Switched back to the stock 43 helix and it worked awesome, stock pink secondary spring at 6-2, whether on perfect hard packed or fresh deep snow it pulled 8800-9000 very consistently all the time.

54/45 seems extremely steep. I tried a 50/46 and 51/43 with my turbo last year, both of them just wanted to shift too quick and didn't have enough adjustment on the weights to make it work and rpm were always a bit low. Switched back to the stock 43 helix and it worked awesome, stock pink secondary spring at 6-2, whether on perfect hard packed or fresh deep snow it pulled 8800-9000 very consistently all the time.

Thanks, I will give the stock helix a try. I also have a couple in between, just need time to do some quality testing.

I went to these last year after a Supertip weight broke in half on the trail. I was running them today - secondary exactly like Studroes144 said, OPO primary, and 3-3-1 for the magnets in the holes. I am still hitting the rev limiter once or twice at times on hard stabs on the throttle, but it's pretty close. 87-9000 rpms. I wish I could get a little more weight in the heel and middle - might have to go to a little more aggressive helix than the stock, or possibly gear up a bit.

I went to these last year after a Supertip weight broke in half on the trail. I was running them today - secondary exactly like Studroes144 said, OPO primary, and 3-3-1 for the magnets in the holes. I am still hitting the rev limiter once or twice at times on hard stabs on the throttle, but it's pretty close. 87-9000 rpms. I wish I could get a little more weight in the heel and middle - might have to go to a little more aggressive helix than the stock, or possibly gear up a bit.
Why would you not add 3 to the tip? If your hitting rev. The tip is where u should add weight ..right?

You could give the PPP spring a shot, it has a bit less rate then the OPO with the same preload. My thinking is- try to get the rpm close with the weights in the middle of their adj range and have room to fine tune either direction.

Why would you not add 3 to the tip? If your hitting rev. The tip is where u should add weight ..right?
It's not really over revving once the sled settles down and get's rolling. It's mostly right on the initial holeshot or throttle stab on a roll. Like 30-40 mph. The first hole effects that the most, and then the second. The tip has the greatest effect on the full shift rpm once at higher speeds/clutch shift ratios. At least that's what i've always understood.

Back