• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black Mark On Top Of Primary

I see how its being achieved now. With the raised limiter, you let it run high in the low end and add tip weight to pull down the RPM back down. What is the goal RPM with the raised limiter tho?

Well, I thought the goal would have been high like 9,500 and finish off at 9,350 with the EVO flash or raised rev limiter.

I would shoot for 9,200 and then load the engine to 8,850-8,900

Guys with Gates belts have been finishing off at 9,200-9,300

The Gates carbon fiber belt that I use really grabs, the difference between the 8DN and the Gates belt is about 200-300 rpms difference decrease, which means it's really grabbing the belt harder than the 8DN and not slipping the belt.

Guys that have been hitting the rev limiter on take off, won't hit it anymore and have actually had to take weight out to get desired rpm.

Nos, why the 3-400 RPM diff when running the carbon vs the 8dn? One would think both should be the same target regardless of belt..

Waiting to see what the belt manufacture is going to do before I name them but the 8DN is all that will be going on my turbo sleds. Got stuck and burned the belt like countless other times with the 8DN and this happened. Yes I abused the belt but no more than I do the 8DN. Please note this belt was put on at the start of the day.

Hard to see in pics but grooves in the clutches I assume caused by the Kevlar belt. I put 8DN on and rode it out, oddly enough it didn't seem to shift much different.

priclutch.jpg

Leave it to the turbo guys to &%$k #*$&@ up

Waiting to see what the belt manufacture is going to do before I name them but the 8DN is all that will be going on my turbo sleds. Got stuck and burned the belt like countless other times with the 8DN and this happened. Yes I abused the belt but no more than I do the 8DN. Please note this belt was put on at the start of the day.

Hard to see in pics but grooves in the clutches I assume caused by the Kevlar belt. I put 8DN on and rode it out, oddly enough it didn't seem to shift much different.

View attachment 116062
You couldn't smell the belt burning on your clutches?????? Why or how do you "burn the belt like countless other times?" If its stuck, its stuck. Start digging.

Nos, why the 3-400 RPM diff when running the carbon vs the 8dn? One would think both should be the same target regardless of belt..

Different compound in rubber, the Gates grabs more where the 8DN still has some slippage. I thought the same till I started testing the Gates belt from Thunder Products.

You couldn't smell the belt burning on your clutches?????? Why or how do you "burn the belt like countless other times?" If its stuck, its stuck. Start digging.

When a Viper gets really stuck the angle of the tunnel forces the powder snow down in the heat exchanger where it freezes pretty quickly. Its a known practice to mountain guys to put in reverse and spin the track to get the clog out before going forward and that works most of the time. But sometimes you get enough snow in the track that it takes a bit of belt burn getting out, let me rephrase that.....in this case it was getting dark and we were done in from digging so here we go!

Come ride in the high country sometime, its a whole new world.

stuckBV.jpg

When a Viper gets really stuck the angle of the tunnel forces the powder snow down in the heat exchanger where it freezes pretty quickly. Its a known practice to mountain guys to put in reverse and spin the track to get the clog out before going forward and that works most of the time. But sometimes you get enough snow in the track that it takes a bit of belt burn getting out, let me rephrase that.....in this case it was getting dark and we were done in from digging so here we go!

Come ride in the high country sometime, its a whole new world.

View attachment 116088

LOL I've been riding out west on my sleds for 15+ years. I know all about riding steep and deep.
However, I have never heard of this, "known practice to mountain guys to put in reverse and spin the track to get the clog out before going forward." Thats a new one to me..

LOL I've been riding out west on my sleds for 15+ years. I know all about riding steep and deep.
However, I have never heard of this, "known practice to mountain guys to put in reverse and spin the track to get the clog out before going forward." Thats a new one to me..

Same here...

I tip sled sideways and get snow under the track, then try to slam it down on top of the snow you just pushed under the track. Then walk the sled out using bunji and low power

Back