• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bleeding apex cooling system

rwill2cruz

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
08 GT LTX Anniversary
I just installed a rear heat exchanger kit on my 08 LTX. I drained and replaced all the coolant as well to replace with a 60/40 mix. Whats the best procedure for removing any air? I lifted the rear of the machine higher than the engine and ran the engine with the rear bleed screw out until the exchangers got warm but did not see any coolant coming from the bleeder screw hole.

I just changed the coolant in my 08 LTX with a rear heat exchanger earlier this season. I had it raised on a sled lift but it was still relatively level. I filled it with coolant then took out the bleeder bolt from the rear heat exchanger until coolant came out. Put the bolt back in and tighten. Topped off the coolant and then ran the sled up to operating temperature. Check the coolant level one more time and that was it. I had no air locks. Be sure to add coolant to the overflow bottle to the full line as well.
I didn't find the need to raise the rear of the sled higher as the side heat exchangers already angle upward toward the rear with the sled sitting on the lift.
After getting the sled up to operating temperature, make sure the heat exchangers are warming up properly. Check up the right one, across the back and down the left one. If they all warm up properly, you do not have any air locks.

I just changed the coolant in my 08 LTX with a rear heat exchanger earlier this season. I had it raised on a sled lift but it was still relatively level. I filled it with coolant then took out the bleeder bolt from the rear heat exchanger until coolant came out. Put the bolt back in and tighten. Topped off the coolant and then ran the sled up to operating temperature. Check the coolant level one more time and that was it. I had no air locks. Be sure to add coolant to the overflow bottle to the full line as well.
I didn't find the need to raise the rear of the sled higher as the side heat exchangers already angle upward toward the rear with the sled sitting on the lift.
After getting the sled up to operating temperature, make sure the heat exchangers are warming up properly. Check up the right one, across the back and down the left one. If they all warm up properly, you do not have any air locks.
Exactly how I did it. worked good

Back