• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blowing through fts

stgdz

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
19 tcat, 15 4000 RR, 13 800 RR
So I've had this problem most of the season and last year on my 2019 tcat. On square edges and some fast hits I absolutely blow through all my travel. It happens mostly on drive way approaches or when I try to skip over some bumps.

I tried to fix it by getting a raptor triple rate spring but while it di.helpnirndidnt.solve the problem. Ive been looking at the reservoir shocks and is there.much difference between the qs3 and the qs3r? The r doesn't have the rebound on the fts but does have the kashina coating. Are the components better in it? I really need a dsc equipped fts.

What is your current FT shock and how is it set up and valved?

i had same issue with 20 T cat. the front shock is NOT fox... its a chinese look alike, replace it with a FOX QS3 or i did the one from 2016-17 XC 600 cross country shock... expensive but worth it. then switch back when selling and put on next sled. it has 20+ clicker

What is your current FT shock and how is it set up and valved?
its a tcat/srx so no resevoir and its stock vavlving.

MAx what do you have your clicker set at?

The front track shock sounds like it’s blown. I have Qs3r shocks on my LE, and the FTS never lasts a whole season for me after rebuild. I had it rebuilt prior to this season and she’s blown after around 3000kms. I have the bill mohr front track spring too which is stiffer than stock. If you’re going to buy a new shock, I would spend a little more and get a real Fox shock and not the oem version which are built cheaper.

Back