• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bogy Idlers

iasledder

Expert
Are the OEM bogys bushed down to a smaller diameter than the 25mm 6205 2RS?. I'm going to replace the Yami bogy's and need to know if I have to buy reducer bushings if the OEM aren't 25 mm. Tks.

Your factory idlers have a plastic bushing. Snap both sides out and install in your new wheels. I have installed oversized Polaris wheels in 3 skids now. Really reduces hifax wear and seems to quit the drone of the Ripsaw.
Hope this is what you were looking for!!

Dave

if you're putting polaris or ski doo wheels on your apex you don't need the bushings. i bolted them on mine using stock bolts and some loc-tite. 1700 miles and no problems.

Do all wheels with the 6205 bearing require a longer bolt. I know this bearing is wider, but it may be the wheel design. Tks

I dry fit mine and the bolt JUST hits the locking portion of the nut. Applied some Loctite and reassembled. Let it sit in a heated garage overnight. 1300 miles and no problems!

Tork said:
I machined the wheel mounts on mine .060
but longer bolts or Dave's loctite are all equally effective IMHO

Some say to run the bigger wheels (wider 6205 bearings) you have to machine 60 thou off, others say don't worry about it...which is it? I know to stay true to the centre line you should, but is it necessary? Do the wheels hit the drive lugs if you don't?

Thanks... ;)!

I just put mine on and ran it. Anyone who has ridden with me knows I put the sled through it's paces. I weigh 290 BEFORE gearing up LOL! I have seen regular 115-120 mph on these wheels, and one 126 mph run with my saddlebags, Maxdlx's bag, and a full tankbag on the sled (PERFECT CONDITIONS) and the wheels show no wear. Yes, for perfect alignment, you SHOULD macine the mounts. I didn't have time because there was SNOW on the ground LOL. Since it is the offseason, go ahead and machine them. Just letting you know my experience ;)!

Back