• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bolt On's for best performance?

No one has mentioned a track upgrade. From everybody I talk to they say it totally changes this sled. I'll let you know when mine is done,lol

bottlerocket said:
Talk to Allen but I believe you want to get the plastic with it. Factory plastic melts with the excell I believe.

Not true Todd. I never had any problem on my sled with factory plactics... It just does not look the best. That back piece is expesive. 200.00 for a piece of plastic.

make sure you buy the plastics. the fit and finish is incredible and actually looks more factory than the offset exhaust. Well maybe not factory but better for sure!

My order has been filled :Rockon: After installing my Excell wheel kit and gaining mph, no burning plastic smell. Thanks Aaron. I have ordered the Excell header, power commander, 144 stud kit and stage 1 clutch kit. Hopefully these are easy bolt on's? Already saw I will need to drill out rivets. Adding the studs for safety. Hard to stop this sled on ice and hard, packed surface. Not sure I need anymore power? Hopefully it will handle even better and mph. I had 114 on the speedo 1 time and that was fast. ;)! The sled should also gain throttle response . Only other addition I need is a skid plate maybe. I like the Yamaha plate and bumper just not the price. Any suggestions? Thanks all. Think Snow. :jump:

T T Bone said:
My order has been filled :Rockon: After installing my Excell wheel kit and gaining mph, no burning plastic smell. Thanks Aaron. I have ordered the Excell header, power commander, 144 stud kit and stage 1 clutch kit. Hopefully these are easy bolt on's? Already saw I will need to drill out rivets. Adding the studs for safety. Hard to stop this sled on ice and hard, packed surface. Not sure I need anymore power? Hopefully it will handle even better and mph. I had 114 on the speedo 1 time and that was fast. ;)! The sled should also gain throttle response . Only other addition I need is a skid plate maybe. I like the Yamaha plate and bumper just not the price. Any suggestions? Thanks all. Think Snow. :jump:

For the extra 250.00, do the K&N's filters. Big improvment on bottom end and midrange.... It's a must with the header....

My parts should be here tomorrow. Anything I need to know? Nobody has replied with advice. With all this snow coming I might have to wait. How many studs are people running? I ordered 144 but would like to try 96 if it works? Anything special with the rivets or clutch I should know about? Thanks everyone for the help. :Rockon:

radianguy said:
No one has mentioned a track upgrade. From everybody I talk to they say it totally changes this sled. I'll let you know when mine is done,lol

I put a Camoplast 1.5 Crossover track last week and let me tell you that this upgrade totally change my sled. The traction that I have now is way better than the stock ripsaw.

If you ask me, having more power without traction will do nothing good to your sled. Traction is key, putting the HP to the snow.

My friend has a 2008 XP 800R and he use to always get me on 600 feet by at least 3 sled lenghts. After my track change I was ahead 4 out of 5 times by 2 - 3 seld lenghts. So my track change gave me a 3 to 5 lenghts of improvement. No loss in topend and way better corner to corner in trails too.

So now I can go into clutching and exhaust because I know I has minimal track spin.

Gates93 said:
radianguy said:

I put a Camoplast 1.5 Crossover track last week and let me tell you that this upgrade totally change my sled. The traction that I have now is way better than the stock ripsaw.

If you ask me, having more power without traction will do nothing good to your sled. Traction is key, putting the HP to the snow.

My friend has a 2008 XP 800R and he use to always get me on 600 feet by at least 3 sled lenghts. After my track change I was ahead 4 out of 5 times by 2 - 3 seld lenghts. So my track change gave me a 3 to 5 lenghts of improvement. No loss in topend and way better corner to corner in trails too.

So now I can go into clutching and exhaust because I know I has minimal track spin.

96-144 studs, should not have a traction issue anymore.

Header, clutch and power commander installed. The sled runs totally different. Lot smoother throttle response, power band as changed. Could not open it up tonight for top end but I know its better. Thanks to Excell Motorsports for the service. I need to decide if I should stud it or not. I am liking the ride, the way it is now. :Rockon: More snow on the way. Heading to Land of Lakes WI. next week. Spent some money but very happy with the results. :jump:

Very Impressed with the bolt on's

Made it back in one piece from 420 miles in 3 days of riding. Couple missed corners with no studs yet was very lucky. My biggest mistake with these bolt on's was running 87 octane fuel. Never thought about the fuel :o| Went to 93 octane and the sled gained a cylinder :Rockon: I am adding 144 studs down the middle and I have to remove the weights from the clutch and I should be around 9000 rpms. :jump: Still have a few suspension adjustments to get this monster to corner better and the power I should never have to worry about. The other issue I seen was the ice build up in the tunnel. Very disturbing and very unsafe for the rider and followers. I hope Yamaha is working on solving that problem?? Overall performance, suspension over rough trails, reliability is awesome is all I can say. ;)! Very happy with my 09 Nytro 121. :yam: P/S did have to buy me a BV2S helmet though, there is no better helmet, PERIOD!

get a turbo. best investment. Stupid bolt on power. Bro has the 180 kit. I have stock. We drive to the bar all day and he only burns 5 percent more fuel...

Also must note that we raced 1/2 mile in powder conditons last weekend. 2 foot or so...

I was up to 100-110km/hr ish max. He was doing 170km/hr when he ran out of field. he was ahead by 300 yards at the 1/2 mile mark.

enticeraised said:
get a turbo. best investment. Stupid bolt on power. Bro has the 180 kit. I have stock. We drive to the bar all day and he only burns 5 percent more fuel...

Maybe next season. The snow is melting fast :die

T T Bone said:
Gates93 said:
radianguy said:

96-144 studs, should not have a traction issue anymore.

114 studs in my 144" track, and I still have lots of traction issues. Depends on your snow conditions.

SledFreak said:
bottlerocket said:
Talk to Allen but I believe you want to get the plastic with it. Factory plastic melts with the excell I believe.

Not true Todd. I never had any problem on my sled with factory plactics... It just does not look the best. That back piece is expesive. 200.00 for a piece of plastic.

Had 500 miles on my full excell exhaust with excell plastics with no problems. 300 miles into this year and the plastics slowly warped and eventually cracked at the curves. Only changes to the sled was a PCV running ulmers map, CR10EKS, AMS 0-40oil.... sent an email to Allen this morning regarding the issue. Never had any overheating or oil issues... Any thoughts out there? Sorry to hyjack.

Back