• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boondocker fire

snoboner

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
MPI Viper
Saved my Apex just in time when I caught a flash in the corner of my eye on a short climb. A fire had started above my fuse box from melted wires and hoses. Seems my flex-joint has deteriorated enough to let hot exhaust gases out beforethe compressor and started a small fire! Think my rotor is warped and chaincase needs to be torn apart as there is a funny feeling in the drive train. Any one else experience this? Fixes? Everyone check your flex-joint for leaks. I caught mine in time, you may not

snoboner said:
Saved my Apex just in time when I caught a flash in the corner of my eye on a short climb. A fire had started above my fuse box from melted wires and hoses. Seems my flex-joint has deteriorated enough to let hot exhaust gases out beforethe compressor and started a small fire! Think my rotor is warped and chaincase needs to be torn apart as there is a funny feeling in the drive train. Any one else experience this? Fixes? Everyone check your flex-joint for leaks. I caught mine in time, you may not

Get stainless flex joints and lengthen them. I have at least one set I can sell you.

Boondockers new kit has no flex joint--it has a slip joint. Maybe you can try that header. You don't need to bend the steering either----that was changed too.
As for heat and warping, try header wrap ---if you haven't done it already.
Check it after every season ---sometimes that stuff falls apart from all the heat and moisture (experience from mudbogging).

Boondocker is replacing The Header. They are becoming aware of this problem and no longer use the flex-joint. Check yours for leaks asap

Replacement cost???

What are they doing for the replacement? Are you purchasing it? Wondering as mine has the flex joint also.

Re: Replacement cost???

WesG said:
What are they doing for the replacement? Are you purchasing it? Wondering as mine has the flex joint also.

Mine too. Is Boondocker covering it?

Boondocker is covering the fix, you have to take your header out and mail it to them and they will fix it and mail it back to you, they told me about a 7 day turn around.

Back