• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost Gauge Connection

Clintww

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 SXR. 2005 RX1. 2017 Sidewinder
I would like to install a 0 to 15 PSI boost gauge. Is there an accurate point of connection that won't go into a vacuum? I plan to mount a plain autometer analog gauge / pod right on the handlebar riser. Sled is stock 2017 SW.

Mine is connected to to the boost line to the sensor near the manifold via a "T" and I've have no issues

It looks like you could connect a boost gauge to either of two hoses. Is it best to connect to the intake hose on top, or better to connect to the turbo output hose that is tied to the waste gate line which would be the bottom hose?
The left photo shows the hose coming from the turbo below the intake hose, the right photo shows the connection from the intake tubing.
258845E6-6137-4F82-B09A-C4997652A5AA.jpeg48BEC5C5-6FF1-4BB4-9AA2-6FCFCD503B46.jpeg

Connect to one of the extra ports on the throttle body that are on the BACK SIDE of the throttle blades. If you connect anywhere forward of the throttle blades, you will not have an accurate boost reading (will read high).

Connect to one of the extra ports on the throttle body that are on the BACK SIDE of the throttle blades. If you connect anywhere forward of the throttle blades, you will not have an accurate boost reading (will read high).
The difference between the two would be absolute turbo boost VS. the boost actually going into the cylinders? At the throttle body I would see vacuum too which maybe is a plus. I will look for a port there. Is it capped currently?

The difference between the two would be absolute turbo boost VS. the boost actually going into the cylinders? At the throttle body I would see vacuum too which maybe is a plus. I will look for a port there. Is it capped currently?
Yes, I believe so. My tune has the boost gauge in the dash. My brother-in-law had a separate boost gauge and I believe that is where he hooked it up.

Just get one of the tunes

Back