• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost gauge location

dburrowes

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper LTX-SE
has anyone installed a boost gauge in this location. Seems like a logical place for the installation as I ride standing up 80 percent of the time and I'm hoping that the electronic gauge benefits from the engine heat coming up through the round vents below the gauge. Thoughts??

Attachments

• IMG_2321.JPG
    IMG_2321.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 301

Have my boost and AFR gauges mounted in those flairs as well. Love it. Can still see it sitting down and have had a handful of guys sit on my sled and still not realize it has turbo.

Tip: if you are very careful making the hole the guage will actually lock in there really well. No bracket even needed on back of it since that plastic has a bit of stretch to it. Mine has been roll tested even. Never moved.

IMG_4146.JPG
has anyone installed a boost gauge in this location. Seems like a logical place for the installation as I ride standing up 80 percent of the time and I'm hoping that the electronic gauge benefits from the engine heat coming up through the round vents below the gauge. Thoughts??

I got the OSP guage bracket. Works great.

Tip: if you are very careful making the hole the guage will actually lock in there really well. No bracket even needed on back of it since that plastic has a bit of stretch to it. Mine has been roll tested even. Never moved.
Lol love the roll tested tried and true. That's the spot then!!

Have my boost and AFR gauges mounted in those flairs as well. Love it. Can still see it sitting down and have had a handful of guys sit on my sled and still not realize it has turbo.
That's why I picked that spot. Love the fact that my turbo is still incognito.

I ran incognito last year with the guages mounted above cluster. No such luck this year as I moved my intake outside the cowling. Downside is I cant fool anyone anymore, upside is that it makes way more power. On a side note it is quite cool hearing the waste gate open and close. Sounds like somthing from a Star Wars movie
IMG_5179.JPG

That's where my Afr guage is. I am na so no boost. I really like it there.
Any long term issues with locating the gauges on the flairs? Did you do anything to weather/snow/water proof them?

Back