• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Boost question fx nytro

Gauthier

When i ride powder i see 5-6 psi and when I ride hard trail the boost up to 9-10. It's normal ? Im new in turbo world. Push turbo kit 180 at sea level .

I run push kit as well. Im also quite new to the kit. Might be because your intake is getting clogged. Mine gets clogged all the time. I'm thinking about buying an extra intake cover just so I can swap it out half way through the day when it's packed full of snow. You might also be getting higher boost on the trails because of the different loads put on the sled by the different terrain.

Yes but I have modified the air intake like the mcx kit. I put a k&n filter with pre filter but snow go between filter and pre filter.

I just ordered push kit and wanted to ask if you guys were using standard premium at the pump(91) or if you were adding any octane boost of any kind txs

I thinking about the push how do you guys like it so far? i will be running at sea level.

Gman900 said:
I thinking about the push how do you guys like it so far? i will be running at sea level.
Good luck, it's designed for elevations 6000+, you can't run that much boost at low elevations on pump gas..

I run it at sea level but it will be better at high elevation....I probably need to change the actuator for a 6 psi.. With that it's good for powder but overboosting on hard trail. Maybe a external wastegate will be better....

I'm running the Push kit on my 2010 nytro Mtx and it's excellent. Pushing 10lbs and riding at 3500ft and up. Best advice is to follow the install to the letter. Kit came with a 45degree helix and new clutch weights specific to the increase in power. Also knock a couple of thousands off of the plug gap and the sled is a wheelie monster on trail and in the deep :Rockon:

mbarryracing said:
Gman900 said:
Good luck, it's designed for elevations 6000+, you can't run that much boost at low elevations on pump gas..

They have a sea leval kit.

Nytro19 said:
I'm running the Push kit on my 2010 nytro Mtx and it's excellent. Pushing 10lbs and riding at 3500ft and up. Best advice is to follow the install to the letter. Kit came with a 45degree helix and new clutch weights specific to the increase in power. Also knock a couple of thousands off of the plug gap and the sled is a wheelie monster on trail and in the deep :Rockon:

10 lbs at 3500 feet on pump gas sounds scary to me.

I installed an A/F bung and guage and seems to be in the 14.8:1 area most of the time. I added a lot of acceleration fuel and seems to be good. Of course I could be off by a pound. Hard to read the guage at full boost. I am concerned about the head gasket with 10 lbs. Do you think I should knock it back to 8lbs?

Thanks for the advice! I've cut back to 7 lbs. and the sled is still easily lofting the skis. I have the supplied piggy back fuel controller and I don't think it would be able to keep up with higher boost A/F you're recommending. I'm thinking about running a PC5 and wideband commander next season which will auto tune to a range of (user input) A/F values using the exhaust bung o2 sensor. Of course I'm always looking for suggestions from experience turbo tuning sledders, so any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

The PC5 with a wideband is a piggyback controller, too. They all just extend the duration that the stock injectors are open and supplying fuel.
100% injector is 100% injector, doesn't matter on the controller, one is not going to "supply" more fuel then the other...

Back