• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brands Of Studs??

GIMME SNOW

Expert
Well I can tell summer is already half over, I'm waiting for the new Apex LTX to come in, and my throttle thumb is getting itchy, and twitchy!!

I am starting to get a shopping list together for the new sled, and besides ski's, the top priority is studs. I have used Woody's in the past (but not the stainless steel) and like them very much. Was wondering if anyone out there has used Stud Boy's stainless, or the Fast-Trac studs? I know I am going to use the 162 double/single pattern, and also I am definitly going to use stainless and the tall nuts. If anyone has experience with the other brands, I would appreciate your imput. Thanks ;)!

I have used just about everything out there and have always had great luck with Woody's. Apparently you have had good luck also, why change now? You have a premium sled, use a premium stud..........

Woodys or Roetin are the best quality stud out there. I like Mighty have ran them all, and nothing compares in quality to those 2 brands. If you are looking a bit better bite than Woodys Gold Diggers, check out the Roetin Hornet. They have a narrower profile, however are still very strong. You really cant go wrong with either brand.

Attachments

• golddigger.jpg
    golddigger.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Roetin Hornet.jpg
    Roetin Hornet.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 71
I've used the Woody's Signature Series studs on a few of my sleds now, and have had great luck with them, without spending the higher price for the Gold Diggers.

Woody's Megabites are the most durable stud handsdown. However, Roetin Hornets provide most ice penetration for those looking for traction and are very durable as well.

I got a great deal from Rich at Rich Motorsports on stud package wtih Woody's Signature SS studs, Woody's Tall aluminum nuts, and excaliber double backers. G.B.

I'll be the odd ball here....

I have been running the SS top gunns for some time now. I have never broke one, nor have I had one pull through on me. These studs can really take a beating and stay decent.

We put a set of woodys and stud boys (about 50% of each) on my friends Apex GT, and more then half of the Stud Boys needed replacement after one season...1 or 2 of the woodys where replaced...quality difference at it's best...

woodies megabites for me, but i would question any double backers, i have a 2008 ltx gt, put 168 1.325 woody megabits withdoublebackers at speeds over 70 i have a vibration,post on this site and got some responses, told to either run skidoo exto drivers or change to singles, so this i'll be removing the double packers just my 2 cent

Back